Accepted unconditional offer and now change of mind Watch

Megg1xo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Please help I’m uncertain what to do about my situation. When applying for uni I got an unconditional offer from my first choice having already done my a levels meant they knew my grades etc so I didn’t have to wait until results day this year. However I have now had a change of heart and a few things have changed for me so I therefore feel like I want to go to a uni closer to home however I’ve already accepted my conditional offer. What is the process for me to change my choice or ‘re apply’ I suppose to the right uni, will re applying mean I have to write a new personal statement etc.

Thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bluebells602003
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think if you contact uni and tell them your circumstances have changed and they may be able to release you from offer allowing you to go into clearing for another uni unless you didn’t use up all five choices
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Megg1xo)
Please help I’m uncertain what to do about my situation. When applying for uni I got an unconditional offer from my first choice having already done my a levels meant they knew my grades etc so I didn’t have to wait until results day this year. However I have now had a change of heart and a few things have changed for me so I therefore feel like I want to go to a uni closer to home however I’ve already accepted my conditional offer. What is the process for me to change my choice or ‘re apply’ I suppose to the right uni, will re applying mean I have to write a new personal statement etc.

Thanks
You need to contact the uni you now want to go to and ask if they still have vacancies for your course and if they would be interested in accepting you based on your grades. If they give you a positive response, you could decline your current offer (via UCAS) and would then be eligible to apply to the other uni via UCAS Extra
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Thanks
Was the university that you now want to go to one of your five choices?
Did you get an offer from them?
Megg1xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Was the university that you now want to go to one of your five choices?
Did you get an offer from them?
Yes I also got an unconditional offer from them
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You have 14 days to switch.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s great.

Ok so if you picked your firm choice on Track within the last 14 days then you should be able to change your replies on Track. If you can’t see the option to do that then ring ucas.

If it has been longer than 14 days then it’s a bit more complicated but still fairly straightforward.
1 ring the university you want as your firm choice. Ask if they will still honour their offer and explain that you want to “change your replies” so that that the case. If they agree ask them to notify ucas of their agreement.
2 ring your current firm and explain the exact same thing.
3. Ring ucas and explain to them too.

Once both universities notify ucas that they agree to the change then ucas will swap your choices over on Track.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Please help I’m uncertain what to do about my situation. When applying for uni I got an unconditional offer from my first choice having already done my a levels meant they knew my grades etc so I didn’t have to wait until results day this year. However I have now had a change of heart and a few things have changed for me so I therefore feel like I want to go to a uni closer to home however I’ve already accepted my conditional offer.
How sure are you that you want to go to a different university simply because it's closer to home? I don't know the circumstances, but be very careful that you don't discard your first choice and live to regret it.
Megg1xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
You have 14 days to switch.
I know that, unfortunately it’s been a while longer than 14 days
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know that, unfortunately it’s been a while longer than 14 days
That's fine - follow the steps in post #7:
(Original post by PQ)
That’s great.

If it has been longer than 14 days then it’s a bit more complicated but still fairly straightforward.
1 ring the university you want as your firm choice. Ask if they will still honour their offer and explain that you want to “change your replies” so that that the case. If they agree ask them to notify ucas of their agreement.

Once both universities notify ucas that they agree to the change then ucas will swap your choices over on Track.
Megg1xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
That’s great.

Ok so if you picked your firm choice on Track within the last 14 days then you should be able to change your replies on Track. If you can’t see the option to do that then ring ucas.

Great thanks a lot
dololol
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
That’s great.

if you change your replies (before the 14 days) do they go back to normal ie. as in how they were before you firm/insured, or do you have to pick the new firm/insurance straight away? i already firm and insured but may swap them around at some point after i've visited but it will be after the 14 days then?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by dololol)
if you change your replies (before the 14 days) do they go back to normal ie. as in how they were before you firm/insured, or do you have to pick the new firm/insurance straight away? i already firm and insured but may swap them around at some point after i've visited but it will be after the 14 days then?
You have to be asking for your replies to be changed to the new firm and insurance. It doesn’t just undo your replies - it’s a swap of replies not a reset.
Megg1xo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Thank you everyone for your advice, I have successfully sorted everything
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Thank you everyone for your advice, I have successfully sorted everything
Brilliant news! Well done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (150)
18.56%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.57%

Watched Threads