Should I resit BTEC Business Level 3 Unit 2 Marketing Campaign? Watch

Student540
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am currently doing A-Level Mathematics and BTEC Extended Certificate in Business (1 alevel) and BTEC Extended Certificate in ICT (1 alevel). I did the unit 2 developing a marketing campaign exam in which I got a merit with 15/24 available points. Last year I achieved 32/32 points in unit personal and business finance, a distinction in a piece of coursework and am on track for a distinction for the piece of coursework this year.

Using the grade calculator, I calculated that in btec business, I will receive a Distinction with 87 points. This is what I need for what I do in the future however, a distinction* is 90 points so I am 3 points off which is roughly 5/6 marks I need to make up.

This summer 2019, I will be doing the Unit 1 BTEC ICT exam which is 2 hours. I will also be doing 6 1.5 hour maths exams due to my results last year in maths AS being BDD. I will be doing a total of 7 exams excluding business so my question is should I resit this exam? I am guaranteed the distinction in business but should I work for the distinction* and may possibly affect my other results or should I take the distinction and focus on my other subjects?
Last edited by Student540; 1 week ago
AQAsucks66
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hmm if i was in your shoes id definitely fish those 3 marks out and go for the Distinction* as anything is possible and achievable. Im personally in Year 12 studying double BTEC Business so i will be receiving two grades after two years of study and the marketing exam project u mentioned i will sit that in May. You got any tips or advice to give me after your experience would love to know!!
Student540
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by AQAsucks66)
Hmm if i was in your shoes id definitely fish those 3 marks out and go for the Distinction* as anything is possible and achievable. Im personally in Year 12 studying double BTEC Business so i will be receiving two grades after two years of study and the marketing exam project u mentioned i will sit that in May. You got any tips or advice to give me after your experience would love to know!!
I think for me, the most important thing for the exam is the structure and timing. I found that I took my time in the first 1.5 hour that in the second I did not have enough time to pick up the slack. Our exam seemed harder from other schools so I don't know. Have you did your personal and business finance exam?
AQAsucks66
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It wasnt actually a bad paper but due to the lack of guided hours we were taught going into the exam, it was harder getting a distinction. I ended up with 39, 3 off a merit, which disappointed me fingers crossed though I hit that distinction in May. Tip: make sure u simply learn 85percent of content in condensed format even if you don't understand the mathematical finance part. Practice the last two sittings as Past papers
(Original post by Student540)
I think for me, the most important thing for the exam is the structure and timing. I found that I took my time in the first 1.5 hour that in the second I did not have enough time to pick up the slack. Our exam seemed harder from other schools so I don't know. Have you did your personal and business finance exam?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads