Should i just accept that i am not smart enough? Watch

Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TolleyQuantum)
Its not a case of why we're here. Seriously, fastest way to being depressed. Its a case of: who you are, and what do you want? What do you desire? What are you hungry for? What are you willing to fight for, and what are you willing to die for? And if you're still thinking it doesn't matter because we're all gonna die some day, then you're missing the point. The point being, perspective and ignorance. What that nine year old said is an outside perspective, looking at the big picture, the entire road from start to finish on google maps. And that is not what I'm asking you, I'm asking you what your perspective is. Where are you on that road, and what has it been like? What does it feel like? Forget the ending that hasn't arrived, forget what the point of "the system" is, and forget what a flipping nine year old said. Ignorance is bliss, and you will need it. What do you want to do, where you want to be, what will make you happy.

Oh, and take your time answering. Rushing and being all frantic is a recipe for an upset tummy.

Also, in regards to staying hungry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJ...&nohtml5=False
Thank you for your time and answer.

Damn... I feel privileged now. I guess it's all about perspectives. Now I need to find out what I actually desire.
Thank you very much! Your message in a weird way was motivational. I guess I am not feeling down at the moment after reading that.
Sometimes I feel like a switch and I can happily say you have switched the switch to a better mood... at least even if its temporarily.
If you don't mind I took a screenshot of what you wrote. I sincerely hope you the best.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Sorry OP for stealing your thread.
quidfacisinfelix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel like everyone goes through periods where they don't do so well! It's possible go work at full capacity the entire time- you brain needs a rest (especially if you've been ill.) If you were getting top marks at the start of you year, I bet you'll get back up their again!
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I did well to begin with and was getting top grades at AS but in March I got sick and that is affecting my performance in class and exams and i'm struggling in two subjects now, one of them i am failing in. Before i wasnt struggling. Should i just accept that I am not smart enough and admit defeat/give up?
Don't give up. Relax and try to get your groove back. Good luck.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
Fellow Anon, you are absolutely incorrect. Not everyone can have a brilliant row of A*'s, because not everyone has the right circumstances and conditions in order to succeed. It's like beating yourself up for not being able to climb a mountain without any gear. In this case it's the fact that you got sick and thus couldn't give it a 100% whilst being sick.

Take me for example, currently I'm resitting my GCSE maths in a college (already got a 4), but on a higher. I've never done higher tier maths before, hell, most of my secondary school did foundation. I've only been given a year to revise, and only after 6 months did they even give us the option of doing either higher or foundation. Not only that but they don't even have a proper class for teaching those who want to do higher (you have to learn it yourself) where they could teach me the content, so I have to sit in a class being taught ONLY foundation material for a solid three hours non-stop once a week. All my hope is put into revising at home and a maths tutor, I'm trying 100% with all my might to pass with a 6 but I'm struggling just like you.
Tilzwas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did my BTEC back in 2015-2017 and the tutors were useless, I remember them telling us that if we didn't go to university that we would fail and end up in Sainsbury's for the rest of our life - that's just ridiculous, put yourself first and don't go to uni if you don't want to, or because society pushes you in that direction. After i finished my course i remember telling my tutor I was going to go on and study an apprenticeship so I could earn and learn and I swear down he argued with me about it for weeks because I didn't want to go to Uni.

Try not to focus on what you think society wants you to do, and on what you want to do, try and take some time to recenter yourself and find out what you truly want.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for your response
Currently trying to balance 2 courseworks and exams. So probably that's why I am stressed.
My friend actually said today (power phrased) "oh... is it normal for people to say such stuff about killing yourself" It just made me think. In a sense I am relieved we are not the only ones but it's not just because of stress. I feel like some of us may actually kill themselves if things continue the way they are.
I had a goal and a dream. empahasise on the past tense. Now its not possible to achieve. I think I am simply going to uni because of society's expectation to continue in that direction since I have nothing else to do if that makes sense. My goal at the moment is to finish one day in one piece and reach bad safely without any drama.
I don't know when you did your BTEC but now a days teachers throw you under the bus. They give you a break if you need it but you are accounted on everything you missed and the bombard with things when you are back.
Atm I emailed a health and well being to get a counselor but thats it. I kinda need to finish my coursework as well so theres that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed