Bad English teacher (gcse) Watch

nia0306
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so I have an awful English teacher and have recently done an English mock and I am very worried that I have done really badly. I know exams are only a couple months away but I really want a 7. Does anyone have any tips that they can give?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
megsalice_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey! If you’ve got a bad teacher you can always go and ask any other teachers for advice! Otherwise, for English language I got a 7 at GCSE and I take it at A-Level, and the main thing I did for GCSE was go over language features and learn different ones which you can analyse, but mainly for language I think you have to learn how to answer the questions and just keep practicing. Look on your exam board website for past papers and specimen papers! For literature, remember themes and I’d put quotes from the books that you study on flash cards to try and remember them, also learn the chapter summaries for every single book that you have studied. And for poetry, I’d choose maybe five poems that you like and study them in detail, obviously revise all of the poems that I you have studied in class (there’ll be information online if your teacher hasn’t explained these) but try and memorise some poems in detail so that for the exam you have clear analysis for the poetry section! I hope this helped, feel free to message me and I can try and help you some more if you need! But good luck, if work hard then you’ll be able to smash the grade 7!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
MinaBee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you checked out Mr Salles and Mr Bruff on Youtube? I did my GCSEs a few years back but I found them both very helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (82)
16.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (53)
10.45%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (92)
18.15%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (75)
14.79%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (53)
10.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (152)
29.98%

Watched Threads