Fine art Foundation Course Watch

Juli10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, i need help. I missed out the deadline to apply for a foundation couse for Fine art and design and I applyied for other universities for a Ba(Horn) Fine art. However, I dont feel prepare for the degree and i am very frustrated as i cant find a foundation couse. Could someone help me!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which colleges/universities did you miss the deadline for? Most are still open.

Are you restricted financially on where you can afford to study a FAD?
Juli10
Rep:
?
Hey, i applied for UAL, Birmingham, Loughborough University, Gold Smith and Nottingham. However i could only applied for BA (horn)for all af them except Birmingham, as many deadline were gone already. I am still waiting for a notification from Birmingham. And two of them already declined me. They suggested me to do a foundation course but I couldn’t find one! Depends on the money we talking about i can afford around £5,000
(Original post by PQ)
Which colleges/universities did you miss the deadline for? Most are still open.

Are you restricted financially on where you can afford to study a FAD?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Juli10)
Hey, i applied for UAL, Birmingham, Loughborough University, Gold Smith and Nottingham. However i could only applied for BA (horn)for all af them except Birmingham, as many deadline were gone already. I am still waiting for a notification from Birmingham. And two of them already declined me. They suggested me to do a foundation course but I couldn’t find one! Depends on the money we talking about i can afford around £5,000
What I mean by afford is your living costs. Most people study a fad in a local college because they aren’t eligible for living costs loans.

Can you afford to live away from home for a year or are you going to have to look locally? If you’re looking locally then you will need to tell us where you are for help finding a course.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5017684 Has some more information about fad courses
Juli10
Rep:
?
I dont mind to move away, however it would be greter if it is in London or near by! Thanks for ur help!
(Original post by PQ)
What I mean by afford is your living costs. Most people study a fad in a local college because they aren’t eligible for living costs loans.

Can you afford to live away from home for a year or are you going to have to look locally? If you’re looking locally then you will need to tell us where you are for help finding a course.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5017684 Has some more information about fad courses
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Juli10)
I dont mind to move away, however it would be greter if it is in London or near by! Thanks for ur help!
Ok so the university based foundation diplomas at UAL/Kingston have closed but I think Ravensbourne are still accepting applications (although they might be more digital/design focused than you’re looking for).

Alternatively most big FE colleges are still open (eg https://www.rutc.ac.uk/courses/art-a...n-diploma.html ) or if you want a dedicated art school then https://www.cityandguildsartschool.ac.uk/foundation is open until end March (and maybe May if there’s space). That might suit you better if you’re looking for a fine art route afterwards.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.46%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.18%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.55%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.65%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.51%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.65%

Watched Threads