A Level Economics! Watch

samisikander
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all . I was wondering wether a level Economics will be hard if you haven’t studied it at GCSE ? I would have done it , however at my school only selected students were allowed to at GCSE.
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
CollectiveSoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by samisikander)
Hi all . I was wondering wether a level Economics will be hard if you haven’t studied it at GCSE ? I would have done it , however at my school only selected students were allowed to at GCSE.
no you certainly don't need GCSE econ. you do, however need to be reasonably smart (don't need to be a genius, just comfortable with Non-verbal reasoning). you will need to be good at keeping focus when analysing all of the Supply & Demand diagrams in being able to interpret them and select the correct one in multiple choice questions etc.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by samisikander)
Most schools don't even offer Economics at GCSE so that won't be a problem. You normally need something like a B in Maths GCSE to do it though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (82)
16.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (53)
10.45%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (92)
18.15%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (75)
14.79%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (53)
10.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (152)
29.98%

Watched Threads