People predicted 4 A*'s Watch

Maths&physics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
For people who are predicted 4 A*'s on here: How much content do you have left to learn - if you're doing your exams this summer?
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Are you talking about how the content is being taught at school? Because if that's the case it doesn't matter whether the respondents are predicted A*A*A* or EEE. And obviously everyone's going to have to revise things at some point. If your question is, how many topics have I mastered, the answer is probably none.

The further maths course was finished, content-wise, by the end of the spring half-term at my school, having started at the beginning of year 13. With physics we still need to cover two-thirds of the astrophysics module and maybe the very end of the last chapter on nuclear physics. As for history, we've nearly finished both Tudors and Russia but there's still a moderate chunk of civil rights in the USA left.
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Are you talking about how the content is being taught at school? Because if that's the case it doesn't matter whether the respondents are predicted A*A*A* or EEE. And obviously everyone's going to have to revise things at some point. If your question is, how many topics have I mastered, the answer is probably none.

The further maths course was finished, content-wise, by the end of the spring half-term at my school, having started at the beginning of year 13. With physics we still need to cover two-thirds of the astrophysics module and maybe the very end of the last chapter on nuclear physics. As for history, we've nearly finished both Tudors and Russia but there's still a moderate chunk of civil rights in the USA left.
Good luck! So you're predicted 3A*'s?
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Maths&physics)
Good luck! So you're predicted 3A*'s?
Yeah although my mocks were A*AA and either A or B in further maths (no grade boundaries). Really the main thing I need to work on for fm is just not running out of time in the papers. Content isn't that much of a problem, but there are things I've forgotten.
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Yeah although my mocks were A*AA and either A or B in further maths (no grade boundaries). Really the main thing I need to work on for fm is just not running out of time in the papers. Content isn't that much of a problem, but there are things I've forgotten.
WOW! A*AA(A/B) in your mocks!! Well done! You'll definitely get 3/4 A*s in the summer!
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
WOW! A*AA(A/B) in your mocks!! Well done! You'll definitely get 3/4 A*s in the summer!
That wasn't the impression I got myself but thanks anyway, lol. Good luck to you - don't worry too much about not finishing the content way early, it will at least mean that some topics will be fresh in your mind by the time you go on study leave.
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
That wasn't the impression I got myself but thanks anyway, lol. Good luck to you - don't worry too much about not finishing the content way early, it will at least mean that some topics will be fresh in your mind by the time you go on study leave.
ah, ok, that's true. thanks.

which uni are you firming?
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
ah, ok, that's true. thanks.

which uni are you firming?
Imperial for physics, so A* required in maths + A*A in any order in further maths and physics. You?
hewgcrusty
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
same problem for me in fm, especially in mechanics and additional pure
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Imperial for physics, so A* required in maths + A*A in any order in further maths and physics. You?
im waiting to hear back from UCL, if not, I'm reapplying to UCL and Cambridge. did you apply to Cambridge?
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
im waiting to hear back from UCL, if not, I'm reapplying to UCL and Cambridge. did you apply to Cambridge?
I did, got rejected pre-interview - probably because of the NSAA. I did consider reapplying.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I did, got rejected pre-interview - probably because of the NSAA. I did consider reapplying.
never mind, Imperial is amazing.
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
never mind, Imperial is amazing.
Yeah I'm very happy to have had an offer from there. Imperial was my top choice back when I wanted to do engineering
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Yeah I'm very happy to have had an offer from there. Imperial was my top choice back when I wanted to do engineering
btw, were your mocks AS mocks?
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
btw, were your mocks AS mocks?
I had my mocks in late february/early march. They were A-level mocks - the physics paper was just the june 2018 paper, the further maths paper covered the entire course, the only AS part was the Stats & Mechanics paper.
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
I had my mocks in late february/early march. They were A-level mocks - the physics paper was just the june 2018 paper, the further maths paper covered the entire course, the only AS part was the Stats & Mechanics paper.
how can they expect you to do a paper on stuff you've not covered, or did you leave those parts out or something?
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
how can they expect you to do a paper on stuff you've not covered, or did you leave those parts out or something?
We had covered it. We finished all of further maths before the half-term, and all the standard content for physics. Single maths we had done all in year 12.
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
We had covered it. We finished all of further maths before the half-term, and all the standard content for physics. Single maths we had done all in year 12.
wow, that's early! well, you'll have little issue getting A*'s then.
Glycerate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Hey my brother got 4A*s in his mocks, and he said that he has covered all the content in A-level biology, physics, and Chemistry, and there is 2 topics left to do for mathematics.
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glycerate)
Hey my brother got 4A*s in his mocks, and he said that he has covered all the content in A-level biology, physics, and Chemistry, and there is 2 topics left to do for mathematics.
amazing! well done to him! did he apply to oxbridge?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (74)
15.88%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (48)
10.3%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
18.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (66)
14.16%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (49)
10.52%
How can I be the best version of myself? (141)
30.26%

Watched Threads