18 and want to get ears pierced but.... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm 18 and want to get my ears pierced. Just my earlobes (common piercing).
I've never had my ears pierced and have always wanted to!
However, my parents don't like ear piercings! They'll most likely be very angry.
Should I still get my ears pierced anyway? Thoughts?
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
However, my parents don't like ear piercings! They'll most likely be very angry.
You're an adult so if you want to then do it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
x.laura
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're 18. Do what you want, your parents can't do anything about it, also you're getting your ears pierced, not a tattoo on your forehead.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
YankeeCandlez
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What is at stake if you do do it and they get angry? Is it a disapproving glance or a whole argument? If you really want it done, it's your choice to make your mind up! You are legally an adult at the end of the day - I guess you decide whether the piercings are worth the outcome.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by YankeeCandlez)
What is at stake if you do do it and they get angry? Is it a disapproving glance or a whole argument? If you really want it done, it's your choice to make your mind up! You are legally an adult at the end of the day - I guess you decide whether the piercings are worth the outcome.
It'd probably be an argument!! But I've always wanted my ears pierced since 12 and have decided to respect my parents wishes until now. My dad once said that once you live with your parents you must respect and follow every rule, so that's why I made this post to see if this was unreasonable and if I should disregard that one ''rule'' anyways.
YankeeCandlez
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I argued with my mum until she gave up and let me have them pierced when I was eight - I am 17 now and have 8 piercings in my ears - none of which my mum approves of, but does tolerate haha! I mean, I don't see what they really have to be angry about. If you are eighteen and are old enough to vote for the future of our country, then I think it is a more than reasonable request to have some tiny little holes put in your ears if that's what you want! Maybe discuss it with them and ask them why they feel this way about you getting your ears pierced. If their argument is unreasonable or silly, I'd get it done if it were me! But if they have some logical and sensible reason (such as a religious belief or something of the sort...?) then decide if this perhaps should be respected. Good luck! (Also, don't go to Claires or get it done with a gun if you do have it - needles hurt less and are safer!)
It'd probably be an argument!! But I've always wanted my ears pierced since 12 and have decided to respect my parents wishes until now. My dad once said that once you live with your parents you must respect and follow every rule, so that's why I made this post to see if this was unreasonable and if I should disregard that one ''rule'' anyways.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Explain to them that you can always take them out and let the holes close up if you don't like them
Annie_Lucille_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
If your an adult go ahead the world is you oyster
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads