The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Bekaboo
Yes all the time! I specified best girly mate because all my really close mates are blokes... i just never assume they want to be more than friends cos mostly they either want a girly mate or they want Katt!! Personally i might wanna have a go of it

i always assume guys never want more than friendship but my friends call me naive :redface:

iRock
You could just ask him instead of trying to figure out how he feels...

i could but that would be giving the wrong signals off!! i dont like the first guy, hes a really cool friend and the second one im not sure if i like him or not. plus hes my flat mate and it would be akward if things didnt work out... just trying to figure things out for me so i dont give them the wrong impression!
Reply 21
darkenergy
thought girls don't like to do that

When they do, there will be trouble in Heaven... :rolleyes:
Reply 22
kriztinae
i could but that would be giving the wrong signals off!! i dont like the first guy, hes a really cool friend and the second one im not sure if i like him or not. plus hes my flat mate and it would be akward if things didnt work out... just trying to figure things out for me so i dont give them the wrong impression!

If you don't feel the tingling sensation then you shouldn't even be thinking about it.
what should you do if you are desperate for a girl but she doesnt fancy you?
Reply 24
Camford
I just wrote an e-mail to ask a girl out. Now, I'm feeling all depressed just in case she reject me.

Take me for instance. I can't get myself to the point of telling the girl that I like her a lot without the help of alcohol. On the assumption that you are not allowed to drink in your lecture (unless you are doing History of Maths in Cambridge like my mate) then, the one who likes you will get nervous. When I get nervous, I hold back my real feelings. And avoiding eye contact is common. If you think he likes you a lot, then try not to get onto him too strongly. He just might get scared and become nervous. I do that from time to time, whether I like the girl or not.

good luck with that girl you asked out im sure she'l say yes!

im not trying to get onto him too stronly, i like him yes, but as a friend or more im not sure, ill try figure out my feelings for him first then decide i guess
Reply 25
Camford
If you don't feel the tingling sensation then you shouldn't even be thinking about it.

with one of them i do feel a tingling sensation... but im not sure if it will last
Hi

You're quite new at uni so how can you form relationships at this stage? Just be his friend and see what happens in the future..... If chemistry works for both of you then it's all good - if not, then it doesn't matter.
Reply 27
darkenergy

Being desperate is not a good thing! It's not worth wasting your time, you should find another girl who does, because I'm sure there's plenty :smile:
Reply 28
darkenergy

Do what I just did. Send an e-mail and ask the question straight. Caution, can cause mild depression.
Reply 29
kriztinae
good luck with that girl you asked out im sure she'l say yes!

im not trying to get onto him too stronly, i like him yes, but as a friend or more im not sure, ill try figure out my feelings for him first then decide i guess

Thanks. I'll thank you again if she says yes on Tuesday.
Reply 30
darkenergy

are you sure she doesnt fancy you? if yes then just move on, she isnt worth the time
if no find out first.
Reply 31
kriztinae
with one of them i do feel a tingling sensation... but im not sure if it will last

Em... this is what everyone worries about. The only way to find out is to spend a bit more time with him. I can't think of any other better ways. Anyone else?
Reply 32
HaggenDaZ
Asking her out via email? Interesting...

That's the best form of communication available to me consider where I am.
kriztinae
are you sure she doesnt fancy you? if yes then just move on, she isnt worth the time
if no find out first.

no she definitely doesn't like me.

and I asked her out three years ago and said no, I was really depressed for half a year, but I still really like her until now, don't really know why.
Reply 34
HaggenDaZ
Hi

You're quite new at uni so how can you form relationships at this stage? Just be his friend and see what happens in the future..... If chemistry works for both of you then it's all good - if not, then it doesn't matter.

oh i dont want a relationship, i just want to know whether they like me or not so i know how to act round them!

camford
Thanks. I'll thank you again if she says yes on Tuesday.

no need to thank me! jus be happy! :smile:
I really don't think you should have popped the question via email.... Be confident.......
kriztinae
oh i dont want a relationship, i just want to know whether they like me or not so i know how to act round them!

no need to thank me! jus be happy! :smile:

Maybe they are being friendly, but you will still know........ if he makes a move on you then that has answered your question....
Camford
Do what I just did. Send an e-mail and ask the question straight. Caution, can cause mild depression.

she doesn't really go on the net now - she hasn't even added me for my new msn account :mad:
Reply 38
darkenergy

and I asked her out three years ago and said no, I was really depressed for half a year, but I still really like her until now, don't really know why.

Ask her out again and again. That'll make it 3 times. If she still says no on the 3rd time, it's time to move on.
Reply 39
Camford
Em... this is what everyone worries about. The only way to find out is to spend a bit more time with him. I can't think of any other better ways. Anyone else?

yeah ill try that! next time he says i must come out i will! :tongue:

darkenergy

she isnt worth the time then!
theres a quote in greek that goes, o erotas me erota perna. it means to overcome love, you must fall in love with someone else. so go for it. ur best option

Latest

Trending

Trending