Can teachers talk about sexuality? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Can they talk about these things to a student who has left school?

At the end of the day, it is a topic that exists and especially if the teacher and the student identify as LGBT themselves?
And if the student has noone else who they feel comfortable sharing such information with...
Anonymous #1
BUMP
noey123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no. Parents have the right to be in full control of what their children are taught. If they are not comfortable with their kids being exposed to sexuality at a young age then they are within their rights to do that. We are not in. a position to tell parent what there kids should learn or not learn.
Anonymous #1
I meant to a teenager that is now not in school a 18/19year old. Who both identify as LGBT can teachers give them advice or support them?
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes they can
Anonymous #1
I thought they would be able to
If the student confides in them then it shouldn't be a problem!

Thank you.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by noey123)
no. Parents have the right to be in full control of what their children are taught. If they are not comfortable with their kids being exposed to sexuality at a young age then they are within their rights to do that. We are not in. a position to tell parent what there kids should learn or not learn.
Which means hateful or intolerant parents will raise hateful and intolerant children.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
noey123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
Which means hateful or intolerant parents will raise hateful and intolerant children.
not really. It just means that children would learn things at their own pace. why do we need to force things down their throat at a such a young age. If the child is like 15 then why not? to me they are old enough but I'm sorry not primary school kids. Too young

Ive never had a LGBT lesson or anything and I'm certainly not intolerant. Children should be taught not to discriminate based on anything but having lessons on sexuality is more likely to cause confusion then anything........
Anonymous #1
I didnt mean it like that I meant is it okay for me to discuss MY sexuality with a teacher? Will it be alright if I have confided in her and therefore required her advice/guidance with my issue. (Taking into account that she is a gay woman herself) therefore should understand why I confided in her.
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I didnt mean it like that I meant is it okay for me to discuss MY sexuality with a teacher? Will it be alright if I have confided in her and therefore required her advice/guidance with my issue. (Taking into account that she is a gay woman herself) therefore should understand why I confided in her.
Yes, teachers have a duty to look after your welfare. :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed