The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Best accommodation for Marine biology student - beckley point Vs Astor house

Hi,

I am starting uni in September 2019 and will be studying Marine biology and I need help deciding between Astor house and Beckley point as my accommodation
Original post by pizzasalad
Hi,

I am starting uni in September 2019 and will be studying Marine biology and I need help deciding between Astor house and Beckley point as my accommodation

Hi @pizzasalad

I have just responded to your private message, however, there is a thread about Astor House here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5805830 and a fledgling post about Beckley Point here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5823352.

I will await your response in private message and hopefully, I can help you out! :smile:

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Hiya, I’m in the same boat I want to study marine bio and I just looked around Astor today, it was amazing and is my fave my far would totally recommend. If the bridge is down it’s easy to get to the marine station and it’s central to everything. I think I will be living here in September
Hi,

Reply 3
Okay thank you! I think I might book it then and maybe I will see you in September :smile:
Original post by Georgiasmall
Hiya, I’m in the same boat I want to study marine bio and I just looked around Astor today, it was amazing and is my fave my far would totally recommend. If the bridge is down it’s easy to get to the marine station and it’s central to everything. I think I will be living here in September
No worries!
Okay thank you! I think I might book it then and maybe I will see you in September :smile:
No worries!

Thanks for helping, Georgia! :smile:

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
Hi! Sorry this doesn't link to the chain but I would love to study marine biology at Plymouth, was there any work experience you did before?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! Sorry this doesn't link to the chain but I would love to study marine biology at Plymouth, was there any work experience you did before?

Hi! Yes I did LOADS I recommend getting as much as possible. I did NMA in Plymouth and MBA in Plymouth, I did a marine field course with dale fort which was amazing, volunteered as a marine warden with the Dorset wildlife trust, did volunteer work with Margaret green and RSPCA I also did work experience at zoos such as wmsp and Woburn. I did a four week internship at Bournemouth oceanarium too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending