The Student Room Group

Thinking about dropping out of college...

Hi Everyone,
I am currently in my first year of college and I already hate it. It's so stressful and It's making my mental health a lot worse. I am thinking about dropping out and starting an apprenticeship but I don't know where to look. So any advice would be great. Also, if you can try change my mind about staying in college as well, because I know my mum isn't fond on the idea of dropping out.
Original post by Jadeeedwardss
Hi Everyone,
I am currently in my first year of college and I already hate it. It's so stressful and It's making my mental health a lot worse. I am thinking about dropping out and starting an apprenticeship but I don't know where to look. So any advice would be great. Also, if you can try change my mind about staying in college as well, because I know my mum isn't fond on the idea of dropping out.

Firstly, have you spoken to your teachers about your concern with your college work? They may be able to come up with a way for you to organise things so you don't get as stressed. You mention that you may want to pursue an apprenticeship instead - is this something that you have looked into and do you think this would be better for your mental health?
I have spoken to my tutor about this before, but she just dismissed it really. I’ve spoken to all three all my teachers about struggling to understand the work and two of them said that id better start revising or get a tutor to help me- even though i do revise, i just find it pointless going to college if i’m not learning anything. And i think i would be better in a more work base atmosphere because i like doing practical things and my college is full of a lot nasty and childish people, it’s like being at primary school over again, but worse!
Original post by Jadeeedwardss
I have spoken to my tutor about this before, but she just dismissed it really. I’ve spoken to all three all my teachers about struggling to understand the work and two of them said that id better start revising or get a tutor to help me- even though i do revise, i just find it pointless going to college if i’m not learning anything. And i think i would be better in a more work base atmosphere because i like doing practical things and my college is full of a lot nasty and childish people, it’s like being at primary school over again, but worse!

I'm pretty much the same position as you

Quick Reply

Latest