5thchild
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, just wondering if anyone else in yr 12 has been given a past paper ‘Oxford critical thinking assessment’ as a test to determine your suitability to study medicine?

My daughter has just completed one (never having viewed one before) and got 24/49 raw score which converts to 58.8 TSA score. The problem is the careers advisor is telling her that it probably wasn’t good enough and although some people practice past papers before the actual exam, she said this is a form of cheating. I have told my daughter to ignore this teacher but my daughter is now confused.
Last edited by 5thchild; 6 months ago
5thchild
Rep:
?
Anyone?
Laycity
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Not sure what this is to be honest? I'm pretty sure Oxford don't look at it. Is she applying for medicine? What GCSEs and what A levels is she studying?
Last edited by Laycity; 6 months ago
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I've never heard of that assessment.

TSA score of 58.8 would be pretty good. Although the TSA isn't used by medicine, so not sure why that is the comparator.

This sounds like a load of nonsense. If you can get AAA and are committed to the hard work an application requires, you should apply.

Although of course 60% of applicants get all rejections, so have a back up plan (alternative degree, apply through clearing, gap year and reapply, etc etc)
5thchild
Rep:
?
(Original post by nexttime)
I've never heard of that assessment.

TSA score of 58.8 would be pretty good. Although the TSA isn't used by medicine, so not sure why that is the comparator.

This sounds like a load of nonsense. If you can get AAA and are committed to the hard work an application requires, you should apply.

Although of course 60% of applicants get all rejections, so have a back up plan (alternative degree, apply through clearing, gap year and reapply, etc etc)
Here is the link

https://www.admissionstesting.org/fo...or-tsa-oxford/

I don’t think the careers advisor knows what she is talking about
Last edited by 5thchild; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London