Reason of Boeing crash revealed Watch

HucktheForde
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
“When the plane is not in autopilot, the pilot used to have full control on the older generation 737s.

With the new 737 Max planes have larger more efficient engines which shifted the weight distrubition towards the rear. So, the planes had a tendency to have the nose pointing upwards. Normally, this would require a modification of the wings or fuselage.

Boeing instead installed a system which lowered the nose of the plane by itself without the knowledge of all the pilots.

In the Lion Air crash of last year, the sensors told the plane it was going nose-high when it wasn't. Therefore, the system lowered the nose down but it wasn't causing the plane to even out rather sending it towards the ground.

Had Boeing fully informed the pilots of the new system, it would've required additional training for the new system and it would have been very expensive. So they implemented the system without fully informing and training pilots. This way, they could transition easily and cheaply from the old planes to the new ones.

In the Lion Air crash, the pilot tried 28 times in 10 minutes to correct the system which was sending the Max 8 towards the ground. He was fighting against a system he didn't know existed and didn't know how to disable. Eventually the pilot was overpowered by the faulty system, leading to the crash.

The recent crash seems to share some of the characteristics of the earlier crash.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/commen...FF&sh=d180b68e
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Towards the rear and much more inboard, notice the plane has no outside flaps so is like a bird with clipped wings. Wing clipping does not involve hurting the wings themselves... just cutting off the large outboard control feathers ie… removing the outside flaps. Result... bird takes off but not for long. They forgot to check with nature before making this modification.
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
As much as I would like to trust a reddit post that seems to know what they are talking about I'm going to wait for a verified report.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Damn, an employee of Boeing found his/her way onto TSR.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
As much as I would like to trust a reddit post that seems to know what they are talking about I'm going to wait for a verified report.
Agreed. It's very easy to write a post that makes it seem you know what you're talking about. IDK why a reddit post is being used to claim the reason is revealed. This is clickbaity
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I just watched MSNBC and its the same thing said on there.

just went on youtube and search for CNN reporting on boeing 737 max and its the same thing. The pilot was fighting against the software to bring the aircraft nose up.

in fact it might be the reddit user copied from cable news.
Last edited by HucktheForde; 6 days ago
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by HucktheForde)
I just watched MSNBC and its the same thing said on there.
Pretty sure they're no more credible unless the source was Boeing themselves (or whoever is responsible for investigating this). A quick Google search of "MSNBC Boeing" doesn't throw up any results supporting the claim on Reddit.
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
Pretty sure they're no more credible unless the source was Boeing themselves (or whoever is responsible for investigating this). A quick Google search of "MSNBC Boeing" doesn't throw up any results supporting the claim on Reddit.
source is FAA.
hello_shawn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Proper aviation forums have been getting out of hand over this incident (airliners.net for example), as for a student forum there won't be much insight into plane crashes other than "glad I'm not on this plane for my holiday tonight"
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
source is FAA.
Nothing about the Reddit post or this thread implies the FAA are making these claims. A quick Google search shows the FAA grounding order, but there doesn't seem to be anything which backs up this so called "reason". If you have a proper source, use that instead of a Reddit post.
Notnek
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
source is FAA.
No it isn’t - this is all speculation so far. Personally I prefer to wait for an official source instead of listen to a random Reddit user.
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notnek)
No it isn’t - this is all speculation so far. Personally I prefer to wait for an official source instead of listen to a random Reddit user.
(Original post by Acsel)
Nothing about the Reddit post or this thread implies the FAA are making these claims. A quick Google search shows the FAA grounding order, but there doesn't seem to be anything which backs up this so called "reason". If you have a proper source, use that instead of a Reddit post.
https://youtu.be/WkaldPql_vg
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
This still isn't conclusive. It mentions the FAA possibly have new evidence, but then later on mentions how they still want to get the data off the flight recorders to really determine what happened. This is more credible than the Reddit post, but it's a huge jump to claim "the reason has been revealed".

Unsurprisingly there's no direct statement from the FAA because right now they don't have anything conclusive. It's entirely possible this is the reason, but the thread is premature in claiming we know the facts.
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
This still isn't conclusive. It mentions the FAA possibly have new evidence, but then later on mentions how they still want to get the data off the flight recorders to really determine what happened. This is more credible than the Reddit post, but it's a huge jump to claim "the reason has been revealed".

Unsurprisingly there's no direct statement from the FAA because right now they don't have anything conclusive. It's entirely possible this is the reason, but the thread is premature in claiming we know the facts.
FAA said it grounded the plane due to evidence of similarities between Ethiopian Airline and Lion Air. And the explanation given in my post is the reason why Lion Air crashed. Every major news network ive seen is now talking about this new link. Ive check even canadian news.

I only quoted it from Reddit because i think it laid out the explanation very well.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
FAA said it grounded the plane due to evidence of similarities between Ethiopian Airline and Lion Air. And the explanation given in my post is the reason why Lion Air crashed. Every major news network ive seen is now talking about this new link. Ive check even canadian news.

I only quoted it from Reddit because i think it laid out the explanation very well.
A new link is not the reason though. It's a possible explanation, but it's irresponsible to claim the reason has been revealed. When the investigation is complete, we'll get an official statement and then we'll have the reason. Until then, we don't have the actual reason. News networks reporting on something that is news (a new link is still news) doesn't mean it suddenly becomes the reason. News networks are simply reporting on the story as it unfolds, that shouldn't be mistaken for proof.

Until there's an announcement from an official source, we should refraim from claiming the reason has been revealed.
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
A new link is not the reason though. It's a possible explanation, but it's irresponsible to claim the reason has been revealed. When the investigation is complete, we'll get an official statement and then we'll have the reason. Until then, we don't have the actual reason. News networks reporting on something that is news (a new link is still news) doesn't mean it suddenly becomes the reason. News networks are simply reporting on the story as it unfolds, that shouldn't be mistaken for proof.

Until there's an announcement from an official source, we should refraim from claiming the reason has been revealed.
It is the reason of why Lion Air crashed. There is nothing sensational about this and the reddit post despite being from reddit. I thought it was very well written and well explained for laymans like us to have an insight to these 2 crashes.

if you are waiting for an admission of guilt from boeing that will never happen because they have to look after their bottom line. Hell they even defended this model after the 2 crashes.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If you say something with enough confidence people will believe you, even if the claim you are making is *******s. This could be one of those cases.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Aye, right up there with a YouTube link talking about 9/11. I will wait for the experts, cheers.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It is the reason of why Lion Air crashed. There is nothing sensational about this and the reddit post despite being from reddit. I thought it was very well written and well explained for laymans like us to have an insight to these 2 crashes.

if you are waiting for an admission of guilt from boeing that will never happen because they have to look after their bottom line. Hell they even defended this model after the 2 crashes.
The YouTube video you provided literally says they are waiting for the black box to be examined so they can understand what happened. IDK what part of that is confusing to you, but if you're still waiting for evidence to be examined then you aren't giving your final conclusion. It is that final conclusion that determines what happened, not the hypothesis you draw while gathering evidence.

We will know what happened when there's an official statement after the investigation is complete, which news sites will inevitably report on. Anything before that lacks credibility, even if it ends up being correct.
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
The YouTube video you provided literally says they are waiting for the black box to be examined so they can understand what happened. IDK what part of that is confusing to you, but if you're still waiting for evidence to be examined then you aren't giving your final conclusion. It is that final conclusion that determines what happened, not the hypothesis you draw while gathering evidence.

We will know what happened when there's an official statement after the investigation is complete, which news sites will inevitably report on. Anything before that lacks credibility, even if it ends up being correct.
black box from which airliner??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads