Reason of Boeing crash revealed Watch

Moments
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are there similarities in the available radar data with Lion air?

Yes. There’s a strange pitching up and down in quick succession during climbout like how a pilot would be fighting the MCAS system

Can anyone say with certainty it’s what happened? No, and we won’t know until Boeing issue an advisory.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HucktheForde)
black box from which airliner??
3:12 of the video you posted:

"What the FAA really wants is the information from the flight data recording and voice recorder, the so called black boxes. Those have been inexplicably held up a little bit too long down South, now they're being sent up to France, they're on their way there tonight. The data from that will really tell them in detail what happened and lead toward a fix."

They don't clarify which aircraft exactly this is referring to, but it's obviously a key part of the investigation. Until they examined the flight recorders, we won't know for sure what was happening. Until then, the "reason" is not official and should not be misleadingly titled as such.
Last edited by Acsel; 1 week ago
HucktheForde
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Acsel)
3:12 of the video you posted:

"What the FAA really wants is the information from the flight data recording and voice recorder, the so called black boxes. Those have been inexplicably held up a little bit too long down South, now they're being sent up to France, they're on their way there tonight. The data from that will really tell them in detail what happened and lead toward a fix."

They don't clarify which aircraft exactly this is referring to, but it's obviously a key part of the investigation. Until they examined the flight recorders, we won't know for sure what was happening. Until then, the "reason" is not official and should not be misleadingly titled as such.
Right thats the Ethiopian airliner. i am talking about lion air.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Towards the rear and much more inboard, notice the plane has no outside flaps so is like a bird with clipped wings. Wing clipping does not involve hurting the wings themselves... just cutting off the large outboard control feathers ie… removing the outside flaps. Result... bird takes off but not for long. They forgot to check with nature before making this modification.
But that wouldn’t explain the thousands of successful max-8 flights
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Right thats the Ethiopian airliner. i am talking about lion air.
Are they not part of the same investigation so that's irrelevant? Especially since the thread doesn't specify either way.

I don't see what you're getting at here. The thread title is misleading, because the reason for the Boeing crashes is not confirmed yet and until we get results of the investigation we won't have anything concrete. That's all there is to it.
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
Are they not part of the same investigation so that's irrelevant? Especially since the thread doesn't specify either way.

I don't see what you're getting at here. The thread title is misleading, because the reason for the Boeing crashes is not confirmed yet and until we get results of the investigation we won't have anything concrete. That's all there is to it.
Can you also read the content after the title? There is a reason the thread title comes with character limits. Because the details is in the content.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can you also read the content after the title? There is a reason the thread title comes with character limits. Because the details is in the content.
I did, and we're right back where we started. A Reddit post is not a credible source and certainly not sufficient enough to claim the "Reason has been revealed". If you had a statement from the FAA for example, with results that said the same thing that'd be fine. But you don't, because that investigation is still ongoing. So a more appropriate thread title is "Was this the reason for the Boeing crashes?". I dont' see what's so difficult to understand about this.
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
I did, and we're right back where we started. A Reddit post is not a credible source and certainly not sufficient enough to claim the "Reason has been revealed". If you had a statement from the FAA for example, with results that said the same thing that'd be fine. But you don't, because that investigation is still ongoing. So a more appropriate thread title is "Was this the reason for the Boeing crashes?". I dont' see what's so difficult to understand about this.
So you have information that the public doesnt know about that would refute the public consensus about a software glitch ( every news network reported this ) that exists in boeing 737 ?

I am interested to listen to TSR aviation expert.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So you have information that the public doesnt know about that would refute the public consensus about a software glitch ( every news network reported this ) that exists in boeing 737 ?

Public consensus doesn't mean much. How many of them even know how a plane works, let alone have intimate knowledge of aviation technology?

Ask 99.9% of people to identify a 737 and I guarantee that not a single one would actually pick one out of a line up.

Yes, this piece of software has been identified as a difference between the MAX models and it's predecessors.
Yes, the characteristics of this piece of software and it's effects match up with some of the characteristics of the incidents.

No, that doesn't automatically mean that it is the one and only thing going wrong.
Last edited by Drewski; 1 week ago
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

It's precisely because I'm NOT an expert that I want a credible source. If that Reddit post had been a statement from the FAA, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You seem to be completely missing the point time and again here. I'm not saying this information is wrong, or in some way factually inaccurate. I'm say we have no way to validate the reliability, because strangers on Reddit can write what they like. As I've said, this description well be what has happened. But until the investigation is complete and we get results saying the same thing we cannot make that conclusion. The news are reporting on what they know. They don't know the conclusion so are not reporting on that. The thread title implies otherwise, which makes it inaccurate.

I am not debating the technical details here. I am calling you out for claiming we have results when we clearly don't because the investigation is still ongoing.
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
It's precisely because I'm NOT an expert that I want a credible source. If that Reddit post had been a statement from the FAA, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You seem to be completely missing the point time and again here. I'm not saying this information is wrong, or in some way factually inaccurate. I'm say we have no way to validate the reliability, because strangers on Reddit can write what they like. As I've said, this description well be what has happened. But until the investigation is complete and we get results saying the same thing we cannot make that conclusion. The news are reporting on what they know. They don't know the conclusion so are not reporting on that. The thread title implies otherwise, which makes it inaccurate.

I am not debating the technical details here. I am calling you out for claiming we have results when we clearly don't because the investigation is still ongoing.
Who's making conclusion? Did you just read the title and ignore everything else. The thread title is a description of what the content is . I cannot be too precise in the title because there is a character limit. If you only read the thread title and not the content and then start looking for bones in eggs i cannot help you. And i dont have to waste my time here trying to explain every context behind every word. Every post here is done recreationally and I make posts within my capacity either to entertain others or to inform others.

The problem with sensors on 737 causing the plane to nose dive is a publicly known problem,. Its on wikipedia. It is in the preliminary report of the lionair crash. Every media network reports so. If you are going to contest every fact i learn from news and online sources to its extreme unfortunately i cannot defend all of them because i dont get paid to do that. Even until today there are people who contest the fact that earth is round and moon landing . Do i believe the world is flat? No. Is there a 0.000001 % chance that moon landing is indeed fake? Probably. Should i spend my time defending the fact that the world is round to the flat earther? No.

In which case the best course of action for the flat earther and me is ......

Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The thread title is a description of what the content is .
No it isn't. You have been told by several people now that it is not accurate.

The thread title claims we know the reason for the Boeing crash. The post offers a possible conclusion but not from a credible source. There is no source that says we know what happened. The reason for that is because the investigation is not complete, so the results have not been released. The thread title therefore implies something which is not accurate, as has been pointed out by several people now.

Claiming the character limit is an issue doesn't work. I don't know what the character limit is off the top of my head but you're not close to it. You could have easily added a question mark to clarify this wasn't a statement, or used a more appropriate title like "Was this the reason for the Boeing crashes?"

The rest of your post was a wasted rant, because again it's missing the point. To make the same point yet again, I'm not saying the information is wrong. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't translate into the reason for the crash.
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
No it isn't. You have been told by several people now that it is not accurate.

The thread title claims we know the reason for the Boeing crash. The post offers a possible conclusion but not from a credible source. There is no source that says we know what happened. The reason for that is because the investigation is not complete, so the results have not been released. The thread title therefore implies something which is not accurate, as has been pointed out by several people now.

Claiming the character limit is an issue doesn't work. I don't know what the character limit is off the top of my head but you're not close to it. You could have easily added a question mark to clarify this wasn't a statement, or used a more appropriate title like "Was this the reason for the Boeing crashes?"

The rest of your post was a wasted rant, because again it's missing the point. To make the same point yet again, I'm not saying the information is wrong. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't translate into the reason for the crash.
Someone creates a thread on reddit : Earth is round

Me : no **** sherlock

Acsel : Reddit is not a good source of information.

Drewski : How do you know earth is round? Is it because most people say so ? Do you know public information is unreliable? How many people knows how to measure latitude and longitude? How many people understands geography? 99.9% of people cant even name all the layers of earth crust correctly.

Me : Do you have any information to suggest otherwise.

Acsel : After reading i realise that only the scientist says earth is round, so its not a fact, but a mere speculation by the scientist. The title earth is round is misleading!!!
Last edited by HucktheForde; 1 week ago
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Someone creates a thread on reddit : Scientist reveals that earth is round
The thread on reddit wasn't created by an expert. The post from Kodongo that you pasted in here doesn't imply they're an expert either. Your premise is flawed, stop being childish. Grow up and accept that your thread title is misleading.
Libtardian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Because Boeing is racist?
Hammad(214508)
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Software failure, that's what Jaydip thinks
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
The thread on reddit wasn't created by an expert. The post from Kodongo that you pasted in here doesn't imply they're an expert either. Your premise is flawed, stop being childish. Grow up and accept that your thread title is misleading.

Wait....how do you know that the user on reddit isnt an expert?? Do you know his true identity? Is there a 0.000001 % chance that he might actually be a Boeing investigator?

See? devil's advocation is possible if you are cynical enough to contest every fact to its extreme.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wait....how do you know that the user on reddit isnt an expert?? Do you know his true identity? Is there a 0.000001 % chance that he might actually be a Boeing investigator?

See? devil's advocation is possible if you are cynical enough to contest every fact to its extreme.
I hate to say it, but at this point you're being the flat earther.

The Reddit poster has zero credibility. They might well be an expert, but since they don't represent anyone important you can't conclude the content of their post is the reason for the Boeing crash. This is the same point that has been made throughout this thread, I'm unsure what it is you don't understand here. If there is something about this that's confusing you please say so. Better yet, please explain how a random Reddit poster knows the reason for the Boeing crash when the investigation isn't over.
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
I hate to say it, but at this point you're being the flat earther.

The Reddit poster has zero credibility. They might well be an expert, but since they don't represent anyone important you can't conclude the content of their post is the reason for the Boeing crash. This is the same point that has been made throughout this thread, I'm unsure what it is you don't understand here. If there is something about this that's confusing you please say so. Better yet, please explain how a random Reddit poster knows the reason for the Boeing crash when the investigation isn't over.
yes . yes i did that in a satirical way to show you how ridiculous one can be if they try hard enough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cant possibly prove everything , every information that i post here which i find from the internet to be 100% true. If that piece of information is reported by every major news network i assume it to be beyond reasonable doubt. , but i cannot prove it to be 100% true.
Last edited by HucktheForde; 1 week ago
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I cant possibly prove everything , every information that i post here which i find from the internet to be 100% true. If that piece of information is reported by every major news network i assume it to be beyond reasonable doubt. , but i cannot prove it to be 100% true.
Unsurprisingly you have once again missed the point. We are not asking you to prove that the information is correct. We are telling you not to draw the wrong conclusions from it. Whether it is right or wrong is not relevant. We are simply telling you that this information doesn't translate into a concrete explanation. When the investigation is complete, there will be a statement to say what has happened. Until then, you cannot claim that this is the reason for the Boeing crash. I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but this is what we have been telling you the entire time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed