Reason of Boeing crash revealed Watch

HucktheForde
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Acsel)
Unsurprisingly you have once again missed the point. We are not asking you to prove that the information is correct. We are telling you not to draw the wrong conclusions from it. Whether it is right or wrong is not relevant. We are simply telling you that this information doesn't translate into a concrete explanation. When the investigation is complete, there will be a statement to say what has happened. Until then, you cannot claim that this is the reason for the Boeing crash. I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but this is what we have been telling you the entire time
You know what . I am tired . Ok you win.

Its my style to open thread with short title. Get used to it :lol:

hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No 737 8 Max's in the air till May. We can only wonder how this affects Boeing now
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
But that wouldn’t explain the thousands of successful max-8 flights
They tried to compensate for the lack of outboard flaps with that silly 'Y' section on the wingtip, tried to make it 'self-stabilising'. Works fine until it hits any turbulence!
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hello_shawn)
No 737 8 Max's in the air till May. We can only wonder how this affects Boeing now
I'm no expert but I imagine their stocks took a nosedive...

#TooSoon?
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
They tried to compensate for the lack of outboard flaps with that silly 'Y' section on the wingtip, tried to make it 'self-stabilising'. Works fine until it hits any turbulence!
Oh, you’re joking
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
Oh, you’re joking
Wish I was... accountancy driven engineering, I'm afraid. Sudden turbulence (updraughts, downdraughts, etc) is very common when close to the ground and can be extreme and unexpected. You've not enough altitude to regain control. Just watch a bird landing in gusty weather... those long, outboard flight feathers are working overtime to maintain control. Basically, he fully deploys his outboard flaps and the 737 MAX doesn't have any!

Of course it works fine in wind tunnel simulations... they don't replicate ground turbulence!
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.13%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.48%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.5%

Watched Threads