What uni should I firm and insurance? Watch

zainabaazadeh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have received conditional offers from Kings College London, University of Warwick, QMUL, SOAS and an unconditional offer( provided I make it my firm choice) from Royal Holloway University of London. I've applied for history and I'm wondering which one I should firm and insurance. Currently, my parents and I have decided on Kings (AAA) as firm and QMUL(ABB) as insurance. This sounds good to me but at the same time, I'm very attracted by the unconditional offer at Royal Holloway(ABB if insurance.) What should I do and what is best for history?
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zainabaazadeh)
I have received conditional offers from Kings College London, University of Warwick, QMUL, SOAS and an unconditional offer( provided I make it my firm choice) from Royal Holloway University of London. I've applied for history and I'm wondering which one I should firm and insurance. Currently, my parents and I have decided on Kings (AAA) as firm and QMUL(ABB) as insurance. This sounds good to me but at the same time, I'm very attracted by the unconditional offer at Royal Holloway(ABB if insurance.) What should I do and what is best for history?
It seems strange to be undecided between QMUL and RH when they have completely different vibes. One is in a very culturally diverse part of London, politely referred to as edgy. The other is on a quiet (predominantly white, middle class) campus in Surrey - a 40 minute train journey from London. They are probably equally good for History but which appeals more?
Isa_bel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I've got an unconditional from RHUL for geology, again providing I make it my firm choice. Ngl all my friends got uncondionals to RHUL and they actually get good grades in A level mocks and at GCSEs whereas I didn't and do not rn. That's put me off accepting RHUL's offer especially putting it as my firm because I feel like they give unconditionals to absolutely anyone to try and insure they get a certain number of students and therefore get a certain amount (maximum) funding ygm. I don't know why I'm telling you this but I've been trying to decide which uni to firm and that was part of the thought process.

In terms of the RHUL campus it really shouldn't be called a university of London because my g that's not London. I'm from London (and maybe you are too) but that's not London. It's not the best location in terms of travel because it's not going to be that quick or affordable to reach the services you might want to in London.
I'm thinking of putting RHUL as my insurance purely based on the fact that it wants the lowest requirement grades (ABB) of the offers I've got and the course I applied for includes a year in industry.

Sorry for the rant but I meant to tell you something useful but forgot what that was as soon as I started writing...

Edit: btw I know very little about QMUL esp for History so I'm sorry I couldn't offer any unwanted opinions about that uni 👍
Last edited by Isa_bel; 5 days ago
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
What's wrong with Warwick?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (152)
18.77%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.75%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.04%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.2%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed