The Student Room Group

Failing English literature A level year 12

Hello I am in need of some advice. I am currently at sixth form and I study enterprise and entrepreneurship btec national diploma (double award), and I study English literature A level. I have recently got my predicted grades and I'm predicted 2 distinctions which is equivalent to 2 A's at A level, and then a D in English literature.

Should I be worried? I am going to put more work in but I really want to go to a good university and they require a B and I'm not sure whether I will be able to go from a E ( current grade), to a B in A level.

Any advice would be amazing. Thank you :smile:
If you need it for uni, use the grade as a reason to work hard! Also, practise essays are the way to go :smile:
Thank you so much, I will definitely practise stay writing :smile:
Original post by barror1
If you need it for uni, use the grade as a reason to work hard! Also, practise essays are the way to go :smile:
Reply 3
Have you spoken to your teacher for advice on how to improve your English grade? I think the first step would be to study the assessment objectives thoroughly and try to see where your essays fall short of them. Have a serious look at what their weak-points are, and then practice writing with the areas you need to improve firmly in mind. Don't be afraid to ask your teacher for feedback.

Good luck!
You can do it! I went from a D in AS English Literature last year to a B in A level this year -it’s definitely possible :smile:

If you have coursework, make sure to get a high grade in it so if the exams don’t go to plan you have some leeway- good luck and I’m sure you’ll make it!:h:

Quick Reply

Latest