certEd certificate education interview Watch

KSLJKB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I have an interview next Friday for certEd... im dreading it. The letter says I need to do a presentation. a 30 mins formal interview with 3 members of staff. And a written piece.

Has anyone done this interview ? what was it like.. its the first time I will be doing something like this im a mature student and ive been out of education many years :/

Any advice appreciated
simsim75
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Congratulations on getting that far!!

Just remain calm. You can do it!!

I'm a mature student also, although I've been studying and teaching the past few years so maybe not as nervous you may be. I applied to study for the MA Education and International Development course this week.

I have not heard anything as of yet, but I am really praying I do hear "you have an interview" soon. How long ago did you apply? Also how long was it before you received your notification for attendance at an interview? It does all sound quite nerve wracking, but you have to believe in yourself and your abilities.

Do you know if this is the standard format followed for UCL interviews of prospective students?
Last edited by simsim75; 5 days ago
KSLJKB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Ah thanks for such a lovely positive reply
I am really looking forward to it but super nervous. I guess nerves are good makes us try harder. 😬

I applied about 4 weeks ago, I messaged them after 2 weeks as I hadn’t heard and they said they had my application and I would hear soon. Then a letter followed around a week later. I think it must be a pretty busy time for them seems a lot of things start in April. ?
I’m sure you will hear soon. If you’re unsure you could do as I did and send a polite have you received my application, checking everything is okay type of message.

I’m not sure about it being standard I know the little experience, a lot of them do things different.

Fingers crossed you hear back very soon. No news is always good news, keep me posted and I will you
Thanks again for the lovely opening words it means a lot. 😁
(Original post by simsim75)
Congratulations on getting that far!!

Just remain calm. You can do it!!

I'm a mature student also, although I've been studying and teaching the past few years so maybe not as nervous you may be. I applied to study for the MA Education and International Development course this week.

I have not heard anything as of yet, but I am really praying I do hear "you have an interview" soon. How long ago did you apply? Also how long was it before you received your notification for attendance at an interview? It does all sound quite nerve wracking, but you have to believe in yourself and your abilities.

Do you know if this is the standard format followed for UCL interviews of prospective students?
simsim75
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by KSLJKB)
Ah thanks for such a lovely positive reply
I am really looking forward to it but super nervous. I guess nerves are good makes us try harder. 😬

I applied about 4 weeks ago, I messaged them after 2 weeks as I hadn’t heard and they said they had my application and I would hear soon. Then a letter followed around a week later. I think it must be a pretty busy time for them seems a lot of things start in April. ?
I’m sure you will hear soon. If you’re unsure you could do as I did and send a polite have you received my application, checking everything is okay type of message.

I’m not sure about it being standard I know the little experience, a lot of them do things different.

Fingers crossed you hear back very soon. No news is always good news, keep me posted and I will you
Thanks again for the lovely opening words it means a lot.t
Encouragement goes along way
I just believe in spreading love, light and positivity. Because when we're faced with tasks we have to push back fear and all negative thoughts and just go for it. If we have people supporting and believing in us this helps us to ease our anxiety and boost our confidence. So from one teacher to another. I believe you can do it - so go kill it!😊

Thanks for the info about your application process. I hope so too that I will hear something 'positive' soon. You're right - nerves do makes us try harder. I will do as you suggest and contact them in a few weeks to see if they "have my application".

Yes for sure, let's keep each other posted on our journey. Best of blessings hun.
Last edited by simsim75; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed