gpierpoint
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi guys, I am just putting out feelers for advice. I have been fortunate enough to receive offers from both Aberdeen and St. Andrews to read medicine with entry being for September 2019. But now obviously comes the difficult choice...

Having toured both medical schools, both of which were outstanding, I find myself in a conundrum. I am curious as to whether I will regret choosing Aberdeen or St. Andrews in favour of the other? Am I losing out on anything significantly?

Hope you guys can help!
Last edited by gpierpoint; 7 months ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Something worth considering is at St Andrews, you won't do your clinical work there and instead undertake that at another university in the UK. This might be Aberdeen, in the Scottish route (in England I believe it's Manchester or Barts & the London).

This page on their website might be helpful: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subject...urse-pathways/

The outcome of this is that you'll only spend 3 years at St Andrews then move to another uni - for some this might be a positive, others may prefer an uninterrupted stay in a given region.
gpierpoint
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Thanks artful_lounger!

So to be clear you do no clinical work in St. Andrews, I had thought that this was/had being changed?

(Original post by artful_lounger)
Something worth considering is at St Andrews, you won't do your clinical work there and instead undertake that at another university in the UK. This might be Aberdeen, in the Scottish route (in England I believe it's Manchester or Barts & the London).

This page on their website might be helpful: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subject...urse-pathways/

The outcome of this is that you'll only spend 3 years at St Andrews then move to another uni - for some this might be a positive, others may prefer an uninterrupted stay in a given region.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads