ARUOfficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi everyone,

If you have any questions about your application, course, ARU in general, or you'd just like to say hi, give us a shout here :ciao:

Gayle
MrsWright15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is there a similar thread for those starting UCP ?
(Original post by ARUOfficial)
Hi everyone,

If you have any questions about your application, course, ARU in general, or you'd just like to say hi, give us a shout here :ciao:

Gayle
ARUOfficial
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi MrsWright15

Thanks so much for getting in touch. There's no thread at the mo for UCP students, mostly beacuse we don't manage the applications for the courses held at UCP centrally here at ARU (although your final degree will be validated by us). This is all done through UCP itself so they're best placed to offer you advice about your apllication, course and time on campus.

You can contact UCP on 01733 214466, email [email protected] or connect with them official Facebook and Twitter and pages where you may also find some useful information.

Alternatively if you'd like a space to connect with other students starting at UCP this year, then please feel free to start a thread in our forum. It's a great way to network before you start your course :five:

Best wishes,

Gayle
(Original post by MrsWright15)
Is there a similar thread for those starting UCP ?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
Hi everyone,

Gayle
Is it possible to adjust to optometry after doing a year of opthalmic dispensing
Celeanor16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello all
Mature student here with an offer for Medical Science at ARU Chelmsford in September!
It would be great to hear more about societies and extra curricular activities available for students.
Good luck to everyone applying.
Chloe
ARUOfficial
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Celeanor16)
Hello all
Mature student here with an offer for Medical Science at ARU Chelmsford in September!
It would be great to hear more about societies and extra curricular activities available for students.
Good luck to everyone applying.
Chloe
Hi Celeanor16

Congratulations on your offer! It’s great to hear that you are looking to engage with the societies and extra-curricular activities on our Chelmsford campus. In Chelmsford, the Students’ Union looks after over 40 societies and recreational sports clubs ranging from Cheerleading to the Anglia Ruskin Medical Society. You can find a list of all of the active clubs and societies on the ARU Students’ Union website: www.angliastudent.com/societies/join

The Students’ Union also run a wide range of daytime activities and night-time events throughout the year such as Wine and Cheese Tasting, trips to London, Mature Student Coffee Mornings and Quiz Nights. For details of what’s on at the SU, you can find out more at www.angliastudent.com/whatson
or follow us on Instagram by searching ‘angliaruskin_su’ or on Facebook by searching ‘Anglia Ruskin SU’.

In Chelmsford, the Students’ Union has recently been refurbished in the Tindal Building and we have a lovely new social space for students on the first floor and on the ground floor we have 92, our new bar and restaurant, which is where we run events such as movie nights, prize bingo and quizzes.

If you have any questions about what the Students’ Union offers or how you can engage with us, visit our website at www.angliastudent.com or contact us at [email protected]

Hope this helps!
Emma
CCauston113
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'll be starting Computer Science in 2 weeks, continuing to live at home and commute as I've done the last 2 years for sixth form.
I have a few questions:
- (When) do we get a reading list?
- How soon can you get a job on-campus through the employment bureau (which I've already registered with), and what sort of roles are/will be available?
- How do I start the employability scheme and what's involved?
- Do I have to come and register or something before the course induction day?
- My timetable is much emptier than I expected - is this because there'll be optional modules on there or is it actually that empty? It says for the first trimester I have nothing Wednesday or Thursday, Monday I'm in 9-12 and 4-5, Tuesday 9-11 and Friday 12-2 which is only 8 hours a week
- What stationery do people recommend? I already have folders, pens etc. but I'd like to develop more of an organisation system - a folder for each module or for each trimester/year?
John1379
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is there any chance to study only on weekend? Thank you!
ARUOfficial
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by John1379)
Is there any chance to study only on weekend? Thank you!
Hi John1379

Which course were you hoping to study?

Gayle
ARUOfficial
Rep:
?
(Original post by CCauston113)
I'll be starting Computer Science in 2 weeks, continuing to live at home and commute as I've done the last 2 years for sixth form.
I have a few questions:
- (When) do we get a reading list?
- How soon can you get a job on-campus through the employment bureau (which I've already registered with), and what sort of roles are/will be available?
- How do I start the employability scheme and what's involved?
- Do I have to come and register or something before the course induction day?
- My timetable is much emptier than I expected - is this because there'll be optional modules on there or is it actually that empty? It says for the first trimester I have nothing Wednesday or Thursday, Monday I'm in 9-12 and 4-5, Tuesday 9-11 and Friday 12-2 which is only 8 hours a week
- What stationery do people recommend? I already have folders, pens etc. but I'd like to develop more of an organisation system - a folder for each module or for each trimester/year?

Hi CCauston113
Thanks for getting in touch - I'm just working through your queries, I'll be back with a proper reply ASAP.

Gayle
ARUOfficial
Rep:
?
Hi CCauston113
Thanks for getting in touch - I'm just working through your queries, I'll be back with a proper reply ASAP.

Gayle
CCauston113 In the meantime, you'll need to register online if you've not already done so? You should have been told how to do this in your joining email, but just in case here's a guide: How to register online for a course at ARU. This page also has lots of informtion about what to do before and when you arrive, such as how to set up your student ID card ready for collection. Welcome week starts on Monday 16th September and usually has lots of fun activities, free goodies and discounts and useful info sessions to get you set up. More information is available on our website here: ARU Welcome Week Also check out ARU SU's Freshers' Week page :-)
CCauston113
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
CCauston113 In the meantime, you'll need to register online if you've not already done so? You should have been told how to do this in your joining email, but just in case here's a guide: How to register online for a course at ARU. This page also has lots of informtion about what to do before and when you arrive, such as how to set up your student ID card ready for collection. Welcome week starts on Monday 16th September and usually has lots of fun activities, free goodies and discounts and useful info sessions to get you set up. More information is available on our website here: ARU Welcome Week Also check out ARU SU's Freshers' Week page :-)
I have already registered, thanks. I also submitted my ID photo today, and my course induction is on the 17th.
ARUOfficial
Rep:
?
I have already registered, thanks. I also submitted my ID photo today, and my course induction is on the 17th.
Great! You're all set up then - you'll be able to pick your ID card up from the iCentre (this will be signposted on campus) during Welcome Week.
CCauston113
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Great! You're all set up then - you'll be able to pick your ID card up from the iCentre (this will be signposted on campus) during Welcome Week.
Okay, thanks for the help
ARUOfficial
Rep:
?
Okay, thanks for the help
No problem CCauston113

I've got the answers to your other queries...

1. (When) do we get a reading list?
Now that you've completed your registration you should have been given access to our online learning system – Canvas. This will have the recommended reading for your modules on. If you haven't been given access have a chat to the iCentre when you arrive as there may be some other things you need to do to finalise your full registration.

2. How soon can you get a job on-campus through the employment bureau (which I've already registered with), and what sort of roles are/will be available?
We can't guarantee work as opportunities come and go, but if you're registered that's a good start. I reccommend that you pop along to the Employment Bureau on your campus when you arrive to have a chat to them in person about availability - you'll need to bring a form of ID with you to finish off registration. In the meantime, you can have a look at the jobs board which will give you a good idea of the roles available. These vary from ambassador work to event staff, data entry and catering. Check out the current opportunities here: ARU Employment Bureau Jobs Board

3. How do I start the employability scheme and what's involved?
You can enroll on our employabilty programme at any time - visit our Employability Service when you arrive (Room HEL073 on our Cambridge campus, any time between 12noon and 2pm, Monday - Friday), or get in touch with them at [email protected] / 01245 686700 and they'll get you started.

4. My timetable is much emptier than I expected - is this because there'll be optional modules on there or is it actually that empty? It says for the first trimester I have nothing Wednesday or Thursday, Monday I'm in 9-12 and 4-5, Tuesday 9-11 and Friday 12-2 which is only 8 hours a week.
Your timetable is correct, please don’t worry about this. Your lecturers will take you through what to expect during your welcome. Don’t forget that you will need to be doing self-guided learning outside of your classes. A 15-credit module has around 150 learning hours, including what you do in class, so you can use your spare time to do additional reading and coursework.

5. What stationery do people recommend? I already have folders, pens etc. but I'd like to develop more of an organisation system - a folder for each module or for each trimester/year?
You need to find a system that works for you. You may start organising things one way and then change your mind to suit what you are doing. You may find it easier to have 1 folder with sections for each module that you can then separate out if you want to give each one its own file the further you get into the course.

I hope this helps?

Gayle
CCauston113
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (213)
23.64%
Pop (223)
24.75%
Jazz (33)
3.66%
Classical (52)
5.77%
Hip-Hop (171)
18.98%