How do you deal with brain fog? Watch

harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lady Jamie)
To be completely fair, TSR can be very draining and addicting. I sometimes unconsciously spend an hour or 2 on here without realising it.
It's completely addictive. I can't pretend otherwise when I'm currently engaged in threads about National Pi day, the best noodle recipe and why some poor soul got ghosted on Tinder.
Last edited by harrysbar; 1 week ago
LegallyJasmine
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hahah I wrote that post when I was really really stressed and fed up, you're correct.

No, I do not get enough sleep at all. I think my best ideas always come at night when it is really quiet and everyone is asleep, which is really bad. No no it is fine, it's not the first time they've done this (it's the second time) and usually other people are with me too; but today it was only me. We are basically done with material, and I personally prefer to self study, so it's fine. They called my parents first and told them how dire the situation is, and they agreed that I should do it. The other time they did this I ended up giving in a lot of work-- so I think they think that that approach works with me.

True, I do not live in Britain but I have been diagnosed with Vitamin d deficiency so true it might be a factor I never heard about this. Agreed about the naps, can't get through days like this without them. :rolleyes:

Thank youu :hugs:
(Original post by Chronoscope)
In your post you sound a bit stressed

:hugs: I also have brain fog but for me it is medical related although once in a blue moon it can affect college work.

School wise: are you getting enough sleep? Why are your school putting you in a separate room (to me this sounds like isolation/excluse, which sounds pretty serious) Do your parents know of this? I'm sure they would have a lot to say if school are pulling you out of lessons during lesson time. This is detrimental as that will cause you to fall behind other subjects... leading to catch 22 basically.

Health wise: it might be worth speaking to a gp about having a blood test done and see if your're deficient in anything. For example vitamin d - can can brain fog not unusual especially in britain.

Edit: forgot to say there is no harm in taking a short nap when you get home from school either.

They're the holy grail :yep:
Last edited by LegallyJasmine; 1 week ago
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
It's completely addictive. I can't pretend otherwise when I'm currently engaged in threads about National Pi day, the best noodle recipe and why some poor soul got ghosted on Tinder.
Honestly same. I’ve also said somethings that would never come out of my mouth irl :rolleyes:

I’m too far gone to be saved tho, I’ve accepted that TSR is a part of my...identity. Now just need to do some damage control and not completely blow my exams. :lol: Let this be a warning to the OP.
LegallyJasmine
Rep:
?
To be completely fair, TSR can be very draining and addicting. I sometimes unconsciously spend an hour or 2 on here without realising it.

I have found myself getting frustrated with A level sociology students at 4 am before. A '2 min study break' can soon turn into a debate with a vegan... For people with self-control, it can be a good source of entertainment, but for others (ppl like me), it's a whole nother story. I partially attribute my incoming 2:2 to TSR

Idk, each individual knows their priorities and what's best for them but it wasn't bad advice haha.
Very accurate post, hahah. And what’s interesting is that it’s a community and you start to get to know users which makes it even more interesting — especially with the array of different personalities you see if that makes sense. I’d be wanting to go back to studying then I see a thread with the most absurd title that I’m just too curious to ignore. It’s so addicting but we can’t deny it is not all that bad (or at least that’s what I think)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Rainfall
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Throw your devices out of the burj khalifa
LegallyJasmine
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rainfall)
Throw your devices out of the burj khalifa
Brb going to do that now
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LegallyJasmine)
Very accurate post, hahah. And what’s interesting is that it’s a community and you start to get to know users which makes it even more interesting — especially with the array of different personalities you see if that makes sense. I’d be wanting to go back to studying then I see a thread with the most absurd title that I’m just too curious to ignore. It’s so addicting but we can’t deny it is not all that bad (or at least that’s what I think)
Ofc it's not all that bad, there are some great people on here and it would be unfair not to acknowledge it. I started frequently using TSR when I was struggling mentally and ended up meeting some amazing users who would randomly check up on me through PM. I remember one night I was particularly struggling with homesickness and he randomly pmed me a paragraph of encouragement, sadly he's been inactive for months but it was exactly what I needed to hear at that particular moment in time. TSR is great, the people are great. I agree.

However, I think the sensible thing to do is to have that balance. If you are finding yourself procrastinating on TSR - to the stage where your academic progression is becoming a concern, then it's time to re-evaluate whether or not it is the most healthy choice for now (not saying that's ur situation, but treat it as a warning). *Speaking as someone who is struggling to log off and catch up on 20 hours worth of lectures...
Rainfall
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Brb going to do that now
Throw me out of there too
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ofc it's not all that bad, there are some great people on here and it would be unfair not to acknowledge it. I started frequently using TSR when I was struggling mentally and ended up meeting some amazing users who would randomly check up on me through PM. I remember one night I was particularly struggling with homesickness and he randomly pmed me a paragraph of encouragement, sadly he's been inactive for months but it was exactly what I needed to hear at that particular moment in time. TSR is great, the people are great. I agree.

However, I think the sensible thing to do is to have that balance. If you are finding yourself procrastinating on TSR - to the stage where your academic progression is becoming a concern, then it's time to re-evaluate whether or not it is the most healthy choice for now (not saying that's ur situation, but treat it as a warning). *Speaking as someone who is struggling to log off and catch up on 20 hours worth of lectures...
Dunno what you're on about. It's a ******* cesspit.
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Dunno what you're on about. It's a ****ing cesspit.
Bitter because u didn't receive loving pms? Yeah, he didn't really like you, sorry.
LegallyJasmine
Rep:
?
I still am yet to reach that level of addiction to the point where it really affects my studies (at least to a serious extent) :lol: Agreed with the users, some people are just a breath of fresh air on here. Sending you good luck with catching up on lectures :heart: Hopefully we both get the will power to log out, hahah.

LegallyJasmine
Rep:
?
You're one to talk, sh*t pasta.

Dunno what you're on about. It's a ****ing cesspit.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Always comes back to your **** with you.
Or to yours.
blacksheep8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The way you put it sounds very eerie, hahah. But no no it wasn’t creepy and abusive at all, there are certain deadlines I was really late with and they thought it would help because they knew I had a problem. It did at first when doing this philosophy essay, but I just can’t stand things like business. They also wanted me somewhere where they could check up on me to make sure everything is fine.

Usually if I do that it turns into endless hours of procrastination, hahha. I wish I was like you to have an excuse to do these things.

Thank youu <3 (out of the room btw, out with friends thank god)
Oh, okay! Well as long as you're alright I guess. Still seems like a weird thing to do - I think I would feel really stifled and freaked out by something like that, and I procrastinate too!

Np Haha, well actually the same thing happens to me.... :cookie: I just realised probably best not to listen to me...

LegallyJasmine
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rainfall)
Throw me out of there too, call it suicide
That sounds more like consensual homicide, hahah. But maybe it wouldn’t matter if I joined in too

Well this conversation took a dark turn.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Or to yours.
Yeah.
You're one to talk, sh*t pasta.
Don't get me started on you, "Jasmine". If that even is your real name.
LegallyJasmine
Rep:
?
Don't get me started on you, "Jasmine". If that even is your real name.
What did you say again about my real name, ‘Notoriety’?
LegallyJasmine
Rep:
?
Yeah, I get what you mean, but they got so fed up with me and I do not blame them. :lol: But yeah when I explain it, it seems odd so I get you. Glad to know I am not alone :')
(Original post by blacksheep8)
Oh, okay! Well as long as you're alright I guess. Still seems like a weird thing to do - I think I would feel really stifled and freaked out by something like that, and I procrastinate too!

Np Haha, well actually the same thing happens to me.... :cookie: I just realised probably best not to listen to me...

blacksheep8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, I get what you mean, but they got so fed up with me and I do not blame them. :lol: But yeah when I explain it, it seems odd so I get you. Glad to know I am not alone :')
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What did you say again about my real name, ‘Notoriety’?
That's what on my passport, what you saying. And it's Mr Notoriety LLM LLB to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (113)
17.49%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (111)
17.18%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (194)
30.03%

Watched Threads