Cambridge MSt in International Relations 2019/21 Watch

mrtn2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi, has anyone heard (received an offer or rejected) from ICE at Cambridge about the 2019 entry for the MSt in International Relations?
LHSW90
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi, I haven't heard anything yet. When did you apply and have you heard anything?
(Original post by mrtn2019)
Hi, has anyone heard (received an offer or rejected) from ICE at Cambridge about the 2019 entry for the MSt in International Relations?
mrtn2019
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by LHSW90)
Hi, I haven't heard anything yet. When did you apply and have you heard anything?
I applied for this programme in February. You? When did you apply?
I've not heard anything yet. It says ''Status: Submitted - Your application has been submitted.''
LHSW90
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
So I was a bit of a keano and applied in October. I have had an interview but that was early Feb and haven't heard anything since then. My status says exactly the same as you. It is still pretty early days though, best to just wait out I think! I hope you hear good news soon
I applied for this programme in February. You? When did you apply?
I've not heard anything yet. It says ''Status: Submitted - Your application has been submitted.''
mrtn2019
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by LHSW90)
So I was a bit of a keano and applied in October. I have had an interview but that was early Feb and haven't heard anything since then. My status says exactly the same as you. It is still pretty early days though, best to just wait out I think! I hope you hear good news soon
I hope you get the good news soon too! Fingers crossed for you. Let us know if you get in!
Was the interview quite technical? I mean did they ask questions regarding the field or more like about your experience and background? Or was it about the thesis proposal? How long did the interview take? Apparently some people were accepted to this programme without an interview.

Did they give you the option to be interviewed face to face?
Sorry for too many questions but I am just curious about the process Thanks for your posts btw.
LHSW90
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
It was mainly about my academic studies, professional experience, thesis proposal and my motivations for wanting to do the programme. It wasn't technical so I wasn't quizzed on IR theory or current affairs etc, however I guess it depends on the tutor.

I was given the option of Skype or face to face and chose face to face as it was convenient for both of our schedules. The interview was about 40 minutes and I felt like the tutor was trying to make me feel at ease. Yes I have also read a thread that said that some people aren't interviewed, I guess it depends on how strong a person/application is?

I didn't feel confident post interview but I'll try to patiently wait for the outcome!

L
I hope you get the good news soon too! Fingers crossed for you. Let us know if you get in!
Was the interview quite technical? I mean did they ask questions regarding the field or more like about your experience and background? Or was it about the thesis proposal? How long did the interview take? Apparently some people were accepted to this programme without an interview.

Did they give you the option to be interviewed face to face?
Sorry for too many questions but I am just curious about the process Thanks for your posts btw.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads