Cambridge MSt in International Relations 2019/21 Watch

LHSW90
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by secretresearcher20)
INTERVIEW: I received a message from Joanna Wood yesterday and I've already scheduled a telephone interview with a faculty member as per her suggestion. I've checked the faculty member's profile and I've found that we both have similar research backgrounds. The email, however, acknowledges that "an interview does not guarantee you will be offered a place on the course, but it does provide an opportunity to discuss your research proposal in more detail and may also on your reasons for wishing to undertake the course." I'm excited and scared at the same time.
Great news, good luck!!
secretresearcher20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My interview went very well and thank you for your kind support! The questions were focused mostly on my research proposal and background etc. I was told too that "they are nearing the end of the application process and are keen to wrap up everything by next week." I wish you all well!
secretresearcher20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello all, has anyone recently received an admission offer?
French Sitbon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello. My status is still "submitted". I'm starting to lose some hopes in this application.
Hello all, has anyone recently received an admission offer?
secretresearcher20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi French Sitbon, When I called them yesterday, one officer mentioned that they'll need some time (6 weeks maximum) before they'll notify all the MSt applicants. . Did you complete your faculty interview already?
French Sitbon
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi secretesearcher20, Thank you for your reply. I don't have got of interview since the validation of my online application in february.
Hi French Sitbon, When I called them yesterday, one officer mentioned that they'll need some time (6 weeks maximum) before they'll notify all the MSt applicants. . Did you complete your faculty interview already?
LHSW90
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi again all, has anyone received a formal offer yet or heard anything further?
L
secretresearcher20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi LHSW90, I have not heard from the department. I was told that I may need to wait up to six weeks (meaning no later than July 15) in order to learn about the admission outcomes. Have you received any offer? Hope you and others are well and excited to hear the outcomes! Cheers!
secretresearcher20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Quick Update: I'm very happy to inform you all that I've received my offer of admission today! I wish you all well and if you would like to stay in touch, drop me a line and I look forward to seeing you in Cambridge.
Last edited by secretresearcher20; 1 month ago
Rosie_Taff
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks so much for letting us all know. Congratulations!
Quick Update: I'm very happy to inform you all that I've received my offer of admission today! I wish you all well and if you would like to stay in touch, drop me a line and I look forward to seeing you in Cambridge.
Rosie_Taff
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ps... was it via the portal, email or letter??
secretresearcher20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you, Rosie. Via the portal and email (both).
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congratulations, hope you have a great time.
LHSW90
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all, I too have received my formal conditional offer this week. Now to busy away to get everything in to meet the conditions. I'm so over the moon and I really hope that those of you that are still waiting receive positive news soon.
LHSW90
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fantastic news. I hope to meet you in September!

GaNik
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Dear people of the forum, I was excited to receive my conditional offer last week as well and have until the 31st of July to accept and submit all pending documents.
I have a question for those who already received an offer: did you, at the same time, receive a college membership offer as well (including details on your financial obligation?) I haven't received a college membership yet and so I don't know the details of payment for tuition and college fees.
LHSW90
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GaNik)
Dear people of the forum, I was excited to receive my conditional offer last week as well and have until the 31st of July to accept and submit all pending documents.
I have a question for those who already received an offer: did you, at the same time, receive a college membership offer as well (including details on your financial obligation?) I haven't received a college membership yet and so I don't know the details of payment for tuition and college fees.
Hi GaNik,

So I haven't received my college membership yet. The fees are on the self service portal, I think in the finance part where it tells you what to expect to pay per year. They are the same as what was on the IR information page on ICE website. I don't think it matters what college you get ref fees. Of course you have to budget for your residentials, books, research which will be in addition to the tuition fees. This is my understanding of the financial side, I might be wrong.

So it is the 31st, have you decided to undertake the MSt?

L
GaNik
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Dear L.thank you very much for your reply, it helped me a lot to clarify a few things. Yes I have accepted the offer but it still remains conditional as the college membership offer has not been sent to me yet. The Admissions' office emailed me that the deadline for meeting all conditions is the middle of August (I understand the 16th). To be honest, it all feels very rushed and last minute to me, I expected everything to be handled in a much more organised fashion given it's the University of Cambridge we're dealing with. Eh well, it is what it is. Wish you luck with your college membership offer! May it be your first preference.GaNik
Last edited by GaNik; 2 weeks ago
Rosie_Taff
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hey everyone, has anyone received an offer from a college yet?
GaNik
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi Rosie!
I got accepted at Sidney Sussex but I've only seen this at my self-service account. The college hasn't contacted me yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%