Second referendum vote tonight Watch

Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Tawheed)
I honestly believe the vote for leave was based on misinformation and romanticising what would happen. We were told there would be 250million for the NHS regularly, we thought it would improve our economy and our country, and a lot of people who voted did so to spite the establishment. The pound fell , our economy is going to weaken even further, and a lot of the false promises made are not going to come to pass. Farage sold the country a lie along with his group, and bailed and left us with this mess.

Give the British public a final vote on the deal.

A. Theresa May's deal

B. Remain.
Interesting referendum. Made up of two options famous for being rejected.
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I honestly believe the vote for leave was based on misinformation and romanticising what would happen. We were told there would be 250million for the NHS regularly, we thought it would improve our economy and our country, and a lot of people who voted did so to spite the establishment. The pound fell , our economy is going to weaken even further, and a lot of the false promises made are not going to come to pass. Farage sold the country a lie along with his group, and bailed and left us with this mess.

Give the British public a final vote on the deal.

A. Theresa May's deal

B. Remain.
That isn’t a vote on the deal that’s a 2nd brexit referendum and that’s been generous considering the deal is brexit in name only the only way it can be on a deal is if it’s leave with the deal or leave without it as remain has already been rejected
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Time to get rid of the government and reintroduce the monarchy and the leave the EU
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
Time to get rid of the government and reintroduce the monarchy and the leave the EU
The Peoples' Vote campaign should start using your posts in anti-Brexit PSAs.

"This is your brain on Brexit", "Brexit: not even once", and so forth
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Captain Haddock)
The Peoples' Vote campaign should start using your posts in anti-Brexit PSAs.

"This is your brain on Brexit", "Brexit: not even once", and so forth
It would be a damn sight better than what we have now, even a parliamentary monarchy ( a proper one with the monarch having more power)

Churchill put it best when saying that the greatest argument against democracy is looking at the voters, and perhaps now looking at the people we elect
Tawheed
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

Fullofsurprises
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Indeedy, whereas now apparently people calling for another vote are acting unconstitutionally.

It's all part of the rich pattern of the Rees mogg brain.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Indeedy, whereas now apparently people calling for another vote are acting unconstitutionally.

It's all part of the rich pattern of the Rees mogg brain.
The major down side to Brexit is JRM has far more clout than he should have based on his political history and belief.

As a brexiteer I take what JRM says with a pinch of salt and always have. Now interestingly according to remainers he's a clown, idiot, facist, etc. But when he makes silly comments remainers like he's every brexiteers God and therefore must be correct and should be taken seriously....

It's all part of the odd pattern of the hard core European lovers brain!
Tawheed
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
It's funny how May wanted to try to push her deal through three times hoping Parliament would vote differently, yet giving the public a choice on a second referendum given the mass misinformation spread during the campaign of the first is somehow "undemocratic".

I voted Brexit the first time, and if i could vote again, i would vote Remain and campaign for it.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
It's funny how May wanted to try to push her deal through three times hoping Parliament would vote differently, yet giving the public a choice on a second referendum given the mass misinformation spread during the campaign of the first is somehow "undemocratic".

I voted Brexit the first time, and if i could vote again, i would vote Remain and campaign for it.
You are the first leave voter that I have ever came arross that would now vote remain. I have met several that switched the other way around.

Could I please ask what has changed you're mind and why you voted leave in the first place? Please understand I'm interested

Regards the meaningful vote, both motions was different, it was not the same motion voted on twice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads