The Student Room Group

ARU Medicine Applicants Thread 2020

Hi all,

This forum is for anyone planning on applying to Anglia Ruskin University to study Medicine for 2020 entry. Don't forget that UCAT registration opens on 1 May 2019 for 2020 entry and the UCAS deadline is 15 October 2019.

If you'd like to come and see the facilities at our new School of Medicine and find out more about the course, then come along to our next Open Day on 27 April in Chelmsford, Essex.

If you have any questions, just ask!

Gayle

ARU A100 2020 Offer Holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6346128
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I went to the open day and thought it was a fantastic place to study. I live in Essex and would like to study and work locally. I'm just a bit worried that there are not many places and a fair chunk of them go to graduates. I am definitely going to apply.
Original post by Christopher22
I went to the open day and thought it was a fantastic place to study. I live in Essex and would like to study and work locally. I'm just a bit worried that there are not many places and a fair chunk of them go to graduates. I am definitely going to apply.

Hi @Christopher22
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your vist to us at the last Open Day - there's so much to see and explore isn't there? :innocent:

If you have any question about applying or would like to come for another look just give us a shout, we're always here to help.

Best wishes,

Gayle
Hi Gayle, we have booked for my daughter to attend the open day and she is excited to do so. She recently attended a UCAS day where various universities had representatives and the only one in her opinion whose rep was very enthusiastic about his uni - was the paramedic rep from ARU

Original post by ARUOfficial
Hi all,

This forum is for anyone planning on applying to Anglia Ruskin University to study Medicine for 2020 entry. Don't forget that UKCAT registration opens on 1 May 2019 for 2020 entry and the UCAS deadline is 15 October 2019.

If you'd like to come and see the facilities at our new School of Medicine and find out more about the course, then come along to our next Open Day on 27 April in Chelmsford, Essex.

Gayle
Hi @5thchild

Great to hear from you and many thanks for sending such positive feedback about our students :smile: I work alongside Gayle and am thrilled to hear that your daughter is so excited about uni, and pursuing a paramedic course, and hope that ARU can provide everything she is looking for. Our 27 April Open Day is not far away, but if you have any questions in the meantime please do let us know. I'll also share your lovely comments with the Faculty that looks after our Paramedics.

Have a great day!
Emma

Original post by 5thchild
Hi Gayle, we have booked for my daughter to attend the open day and she is excited to do so. She recently attended a UCAS day where various universities had representatives and the only one in her opinion whose rep was very enthusiastic about his uni - was the paramedic rep from ARU
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi
Would ARU consider Psychology as another science subject like Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology under the second A level subject like some other Medical schools consider such as Plymouth, Sheffield, Kent and Medway etc?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Pkachu
Hi
Would ARU consider Psychology as another science subject like Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology under the second A level subject like some other Medical schools consider such as Plymouth, Sheffield, Kent and Medway etc?

Hi @Pkachu,

Thank you for your question. We currently do not accept Psychology as another science subject under the second A Level subject but welcome it as a third A Level. However, this is under review for 2020 entry and we will update our entry requirements if Psychology is approved as a second A Level subject.

Emma :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks.
Hi!
I was wondering if I could apply as an undergraduate (I am a 2nd year uni student studying biochemistry, got a 2:2 this year but predicted a 2:1)?

Thanks!
Hi @angelscity

Congratulations on your studies so far :smile: Regarding Medicine, in your query below, you would need to apply as a graduate entrant as your A-Levels will be too old - they need to have been taken within the last 2 years.

I hope this helps with your application,
Emma

Original post by angelscity
Hi!
I was wondering if I could apply as an undergraduate (I am a 2nd year uni student studying biochemistry, got a 2:2 this year but predicted a 2:1)?

Thanks!
Hi
Are matutre non-graduate applicants ranked alongside school leavers or separately?
Hi @stuntmanhy

At ARU we don’t differentiate between graduates and non-graduates until further along in the applicant process. At this point, we’ll have all the interview scores and will be able to identify who falls into which category. Also, to add, if a mature non-graduate is studying an Access course they are included alongside the graduates, but if they are doing A Levels they are included with the school leavers.

I hope this helps, please contact [email protected] for any further details, and we’d be happy to help.
Emma

Original post by stuntmanhy
Hi
Are matutre non-graduate applicants ranked alongside school leavers or separately?
Thank you for your reply. Are you able to say how many places there are for graduates?
Original post by stuntmanhy
Thank you for your reply. Are you able to say how many places there are for graduates?

Hi @stuntmanhy

This year we are aiming to recruit approximately 15 graduates. No decision has been made yet about the 2020 intake but it will probably be a similar number.

Thanks, Emma
Can someone in the final year apply?
Original post by Momoalas93
Can someone in the final year apply?

Hi @Momoalas93

Yes, at ARU we're happy to accept applications from students in the final year of their degree course.

Thanks,
Emma
Original post by ARUOfficial
Hi all,

This forum is for anyone planning on applying to Anglia Ruskin University to study Medicine for 2020 entry. Don't forget that UCAT registration opens on 1 May 2019 for 2020 entry and the UCAS deadline is 15 October 2019.

Gayle

I wrote my UCAT and achieved a 635 band 3. I have excellent GCSE-equivalent grades and I'm predicted A*A*A. Is that competitive enough for an application to ARU Medicine?
Original post by Mc.illyssaa
I wrote my UCAT and achieved a 635 band 3. I have excellent GCSE-equivalent grades and I'm predicted A*A*A. Is that competitive enough for an application to ARU Medicine?

Hi @Mc.illyssaa

Your UCAT score and predicted grades would have been good enough to secure an interview this year. We have yet to decide if we will recruit during clearing this year. If we do recruit, this will be published on our website on A level results day (15th August) and we would be happy to consider an application from you.

Many thanks
Emma
Hi Gayle,

I got 595 average and band 3 in UCAT and am predicted A*A*A*. Would I have a chance at getting an interview for 2020 entry, or is my UCAT too low?

Thanks,
Arusa
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Arusa Abid
Hi Gayle,

I got 595 average and band 3 in UCAT and am predicted A*A*A*. Would I have a chance at getting an interview for 2020 entry, or is my UCAT too low?

Thanks,
Arusa

Nobody knows what the cut off will be for 2020 but it has been above that both years the course has been running