The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by hotchoco1293
So I'm assuming the cut off is higher for graduates? But I thought it was just a universal cut off and that ARU doesn't treat direct school leavers differently to a graduate?

In terms of offers graduates were compared against each other for the limited number of places post interview not with school leavers. I can’t remember with regards to the UKCAT cutoff. You may be best looking through last years thread. I got around 640 if I remember correctly.
Reply 61
I have a ucat score of 2510 (627.5) and my predictions are 3As is this enough alongside my gcse and personal statement
HiI have not done well at the UCAT test. I am a mature student and I am already attending Medical Science at ARU, and I have started my application for Medicine with UCAS. Is it any chance for me to make up? Or just withdraw my application?What others alternatives do I have? I feel so devastated. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Many thanks
Original post by Ufooblue
HiI have not done well at the UCAT test. I am a mature student and I am already attending Medical Science at ARU, and I have started my application for Medicine with UCAS. Is it any chance for me to make up? Or just withdraw my application?What others alternatives do I have? I feel so devastated. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Many thanks

Was the plan to transfer into medicine after your first year?
when can you find out the UCAT cut off for 2020?
is SJ band score included in the total subsection score for interview?
Reply 66
Original post by Lozc3
is SJ band score included in the total subsection score for interview?

No
Hi, I am a first year medical science student looking to transfer into medicine for 2020, I have completed the ucat and scored an ok average, but have extensive experience in hospitals from a as far back as I can remember most recently spending all summer three times a week on the haemodialysis ward at the great ormond street hospital and many other things including home dialysis, ventilators, Bipap, peg and pej feeding tubes, tracheostomy Care, administrating medication etc. ( the list goes on ) Due to this i am determined to become a paediatric nephrology consultant in the future. My question ( in short ) is medical experience and life experience considered or have any weight to it when obtaining interviews (the MMI’s) ? Thank you 😌
Reply 68
Original post by Hrtarique1
Hi, I am a first year medical science student looking to transfer into medicine for 2020, I have completed the ucat and scored an ok average, but have extensive experience in hospitals from a as far back as I can remember most recently spending all summer three times a week on the haemodialysis ward at the great ormond street hospital and many other things including home dialysis, ventilators, Bipap, peg and pej feeding tubes, tracheostomy Care, administrating medication etc. ( the list goes on ) Due to this i am determined to become a paediatric nephrology consultant in the future. My question ( in short ) is medical experience and life experience considered or have any weight to it when obtaining interviews (the MMI’s) ? Thank you 😌

No. This would be considered at the interview
To obtains the WAHMS offer, how many of the criteria do you need ?
Reply 70
Original post by Mosope17
To obtains the WAHMS offer, how many of the criteria do you need ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=aru+medicine+widening&oq=aru+medicine+widening&aqs=chrome..69i57.8726j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Top answer may tell you?
How many spaces are offered to WAMS applicants? or are we all considered the same with normal applicants?
Original post by THEallstar2111
How many spaces are offered to WAMS applicants? or are we all considered the same with normal applicants?

They are considered the same I believe but the spots are fewer, the exact number varies year on year.
Reply 73
Do you accept mature students returning to education after a period? Does the process take into account my last degree qualification, or do I have to retake three a-levels before I can apply? -Many thanks!
I remember seeing a post about the UCAT cut offs for Anglia Ruskin, but can’t find it.. anyone remembers what it was for last year?
Original post by cheesypizza
I remember seeing a post about the UCAT cut offs for Anglia Ruskin, but can’t find it.. anyone remembers what it was for last year?

Think it was 620 but happy to be corrected if wrong- it was in that region
Original post by DGeorge13
Think it was 620 but happy to be corrected if wrong- it was in that region

thanks
Reply 77
Original post by cheesypizza

610 last year, 620 the year before
Has anyone got an acknowledgement email yet?
Original post by Ibs007861
Has anyone got an acknowledgement email yet?

Nope

Latest

Trending

Trending