The Student Room Group

work experience help plz

hello,I am currently studying economics, biology and maths for AS, and I'm not too sure what I want to do in life yet, however I do need work experience for my future personal statement. can you please recommend me a career field that would satisfy my criteria.
Original post by auliza
hello,I am currently studying economics, biology and maths for AS, and I'm not too sure what I want to do in life yet, however I do need work experience for my future personal statement. can you please recommend me a career field that would satisfy my criteria.

It is worth considering where your interests lie - perhaps you have preference for one of your subjects or there are certain things that you want to do in your career? I would recommend having a look at some career profiles that detail the type of work you do, the path to get there and career progression opportunities (you could try https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles). There are also career quizzes you can do, but don't rely on the results 100%. Once you have a few options, look for related work experience or shadowing opportunities in your local area to gain a better insight into these roles.
You only NEED work experience for things like medicine, dentistry and vetinary - all of which require chemistry a level so thats not applicable to you. Don't worry too much about work experience if you dont know what to do yet as there are other things you can do to make you stand out in your personal statement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending