How diverse is Canterbury and university of Kent Watch

setarexhx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I’ve put Kent as my firm choice so it looks like I’ll be going there this summer. I was just wondering how diverse is the city and the uni in general as I’m Asian myself and would like to be somewhere where there are a lot of ethnicities and cultures. Thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
StudentRep Annabel
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there!
Congratulations on your offer to study at the University of Kent!
Kent is a relatively diverse university with a broad range of cultural societies for our international and foreign exchange students to join. Here is a link to the Kent Union website so you can see what we have to offer; https://kentunion.co.uk/activities/societies
Although I am unsure of the actual statistics I would say that the university is more culturally diverse than Canterbury town. However, there are two other universities in Canterbury which does bring some more diversity to the town center.
If you have any more questions about life at the University of Kent, please feel free to ask!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
As a university of kent student myself, I can say that the campus is very diverse between home students as well as the majority being international students from all over the globe. I’m sure you’ll be settled in here just fine if you choose to come to canterbury
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
brivaru
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey! I'm most likely putting Kent as my firm too, and I have exactly the same question as you, so I feel relieved in that sense! Pm me if you'd like to chat, I would love to speak to someone who's also a fellow Asian going to kent!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads