The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zapsta
I think we've discussed that.

End of the discussion then. Have a good evening.
Reply 41
waiting2smile
End of the discussion then. Have a good evening.

:rolleyes:
Reply 42
Mrs D - Primary 5 - skipped me ahead and taught me loads of cool stuff. Also let me work in the pink corrugated card castle she built in the corner of the classroom :biggrin:

Mr M - Second Year Maths (got him again this year actually, but not that much) - Taught us work we weren't supposed to learn for another three years and made it much more fun. Managed to convincingly disprove the theory of gravity using only a rubber (Known as Mr. Rubber), ruler and a blackboard light.

Mr S - Geography First to Fourth Year - Crazy bad jokes that still managed to make you laugh. A permanent genial grin, and boundless energy for running up hills while we wander slowly around the bottom. He's retired now, but seems to be back in school constantly for a cuppa and a natter with us.

Mr M - Higher Geography - Words cannot explain how petrified I was of Mr M before I started in his class. He was the strictest teacher in the school I had heard, and I'm the sort who automatically shows up as "Loud and irritating" on teacher's radars. He was completely the opposite of what I thought. When it came to senior students, he was absolutely brilliant. He would sit and tell jokes half the time, that still somehow got across the geography (Although don't ask me to explain what his Alex Ferguson impression has to do with glaciation :confused: ). In the end we got on really really well, even if it was because I would just sit there asking him daft questions. He retired in the summer - although always stressed that it was VERY early retirement - and I still keep in touch with him :smile:.

Miss L - Standard Grade English - Simply put, probably the most amazing teacher ever to put up with a bunch of kids. Inspirational and enthusiastic (which she never failed to pass on to us). She didn't teach English, she taught so much more. She always listened to what we had to say and treated us like equals. I always remember we were unpacking some boxes for her, and she went to take some of the stuff from them to the storeroom. While she was gone, we built a tower of boxes all the way to the ceiling. She came back in; "No no no no NO!". The class began to think she might actually shout for the first time ever. "No that's not how you do it. You have to have more boxes on the bottom. Give it a stronger foundation! Honestly! What do they teach you kids nowadays?". She retired at the end of my fourth year, and sparked off possibly the biggest surprise party the school had ever seen - all organised by pupils who had been taught by her and wanted to give something back. She was just the best :smile:
Reply 43
I have had some real bitch bags who don't know what there talking about so therefore can't explain and are dam right lazy although I have had about 6 good teachers.

Those who can't teach, teach is unfortunately generally true.

I have finished being negative for the day :biggrin:
Reply 44
SiAnY
Oh and i have her once a week in Yr 13 too.

That sory of relationship, eh? :wink:
Dr. Miller - this one's for you. :biggrin:

Legendary teacher and the reason my screen-name is Englishstudent.
Reply 46
No Future
Acknowledge/thank your fave teachers here.

Have to thank Belinda, our HPE teacher who is also our A grade coach. :biggrin: Shes mad! Only 22 as well. :cool:
Lord Huntroyde

Lol! Dirty mind eh?
Reply 48
Well let's see... one of my teachers is quite fit... does that deserve praise? Oh I think it does. :tongue: :tongue:
Lord Huntroyde

Lol. Ummm......NO! Chuh, you dirty thang. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending