The Student Room Group

can men be raped?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notoriety
Sub-section 1 is the offence; the rest are the refinements. So if you're saying a woman can be guilty of s4, then you're saying she is covered by the pronoun "he" I indicated. "He" is used in various parts of SOA 2003 -- look at sexual assault -- and will be mentioned in any general law textbook.

Look at the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, section 1(1).

I quoted a 1997 Act because you see "he" no longer used in modern legislation in this "sexist" way. As I said, though, there is no real reason you would be familiar with this unless you study law.

Ah right, thank you for clarifying.
I will state this as plain and simple as I can. Yes, men can be raped. I had a friend who was still a virgin and very pure compared to most go through a relationship that was not safe in the slightest. When he realized that the girl he was dating was crazy, he tried to break things off with her. That same night, she broke into his house and attempted to **** him in his sleep so that she could get pregnant and force him to stay with her. He did manage to fight her off and called to authorities in order to have her arrested for breaking and entering along with attempted rape. And worst of all, when she got out of prison, she tried to do this exact same thing again. So yes, a man can be raped.

Not to mention there are also male rapists that will rape other men, so if you teacher still doesn’t believe that a man can be raped, you can bring this up as well. I rest my case.
Original post by Paolo3100
So, at school the other day we were having a discussion about what sexual consent is and one of the form tutors (teacher) said men can't be raped and that only women can be raped.

What is your opinion on this?
What is consent?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SHallowvale
Ah right, thank you for clarifying.

No worries, pal. I personally find it quite interesting, so any excuse to talk about it.
by law a man can only be raped by another man
If the woman is insane and breaks into your house and attempts to force you into impregnating her so that she can try to force you into taking care of her, I’m fairly certain this can be considered rape.
Original post by susu6679
by law a man can only be raped by another man
Original post by Hmmmmmmm?
If the woman is insane and breaks into your house and attempts to force you into impregnating her so that she can try to force you into taking care of her, I’m fairly certain this can be considered rape.

a policewoman came to my school to give us a talk about consent and apparently by law women cant rape men but idk
obviously its outdated
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Pinkisk
Men of course can be raped by women and men but in this country thanks to our sexist rape laws women who rape men and boys cannot be charged with rape. Rape of men by other men was only recognised in the late 1990s I believe. So up until the late 90s rape of men by anyone, man or women, was simply not recognised as rape in this country.

You want to hear something even more disturbing? The sexual assault laws are even worse in Ireland. I highly recommend people read about the Romeo and Juliet laws in Ireland.

In Ireland sex between children that are under the age of seventeen is considered a criminal offence. Sexual intercourse between a seventeen year-old boy or girl and a fifteen year-old boy or girl is considered a sexual assault. This law, however, does not apply to girls. They only apply to boys. So, if a fifteen year-old boy engages in consensual sex with a seventeen year-old girl in Ireland, he would be charged with sexual assault. In Ireland if a girl under the age of seventeen is put at risk of becoming pregnant she is considered to have been sexually assaulted even if she initiated the assault I believe. So boys in Ireland that are raped by girls can be charged with sexual assault for being raped.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/boy-facing-sex-trial-as-court-upholds-romeo-and-juliet-law-26824861.html

Oh, I know all about our backwards rape laws. Thanks for the input though, I'm sure other will find these resources very useful for further research.
No, it hasn't happened to me at school... yet. I can only hope. We have to fight back against this vile nonsense.
Original post by Bio 7
Yes men can be raped but only by men. It is a bit unfair though as it is possible, less likely but possible, that a woman can pretty much rape a man and only be guilty of sexual assault. I might be a bit wrong but the word rape sounds much worse and it should be available to women as well for the few cases where it is appropriate.

Original post by 8=======D
I got a question, if it requires penetration or internal insertion then does it count rape if a woman does it with a strap-on to a guy.

both cases where the charge would be Assault by penetration, both cases the sentencing guidelines allow sanction equal to that of rape
It's absolutely absurd that the question is being asked. Of course men can be raped.
Reply 50
Tell your teacher to talk to guys who have to use a tampon up their bum....although not sure this is what Kurt Cobain was singing about when he sang one of my favourite and underrated Nirvana songs....
Original post by Paolo3100
So, at school the other day we were having a discussion about what sexual consent is and one of the form tutors (teacher) said men can't be raped and that only women can be raped.

What is your opinion on this?
What is consent?
A few years ago, a girl threatened to rape me and force me to *** inside her to make her pregnant, do I have a case? lol
yes they can, by both sexes.
By a woman, legally no.
This is because of the way the UK law is drawn up.
In other countries they can.
Iirc it is one of the list of 20 ways men and boys are institutionally disadvantaged when compared to women that Mike Buchanan brings up when debating feminists.
By a woman, legally no. Unless she is aiding another man to rape the victim( holding down, guiding etc) then she can, but by a lone woman, no.
This is because of the way the UK law is drawn up.
In other countries they can.
Iirc it is one of the list of 20 ways men and boys are institutionally disadvantaged when compared to women that Mike Buchanan brings up when debating feminists.
Original post by ririroo
yes they can, by both sexes.

That's just wrong. By law, men can't be raped - only sexually assaulted.
Original post by Hmmmmmmm?

No it can't.
Original post by That'sGreat
That's just wrong. By law, men can't be raped - only sexually assaulted.

The male + female scenario has lots of grey areas, but are we going to ignore that men certainly do get raped by other men?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending