very depressed Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
i have no friends, nothing. i don't like school but i feel in prison at home. i've cried three times this week and although i thought it might make me feel better i feel worse and embarassed, i feel like i should just man up. i have some minor-ish bullying at school that has got worse recently but i always feel i am running away from the problem. it's my 16th birthday in a few weeks but i've got no one to invite. it's prom soon but i've got no one to go with. i've been like this for the best part of what is now three years and i am fed up. i don't see anything changing? all i ever feel is a sense of rejection and isolation, it seems things go okay then gradually get worse
rahil.hitesh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Learn to love yourself, you will not need any else. People will come to you looking at your self confidence and your high esteem for yourself

PS: It's pretty much impossible for you to be 16 and have literally no friends
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by rahil.hitesh)
Learn to love yourself, you will not need any else. People will come to you looking at your self confidence and your high esteem for yourself

PS: It's pretty much impossible for you to be 16 and have literally no friends
no i honestly don't
rahil.hitesh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
there will be someone who matches your requirement and you will meet theirs
I know you have waited a lot but the wait is close to over, just a little bit more patience
dddd1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
just dont give a **** and do your thing, sit next to people you want to make friends with and initiate convos without thinking once, lifes too short to be worried. I had a similar experience to yours in terms of not having the friends I wanted and never went out with any after school never mind celebrating my bday ever, I do regret not making the most of the social opporunities I had now at 20 Im paying for not giving a **** 5/6 years ago.
Amgad74
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
hey man! honestly it gets all better! in a couple of years you'll be in your own house driving your own car and doing what you love

im turning 16 in pretty much 2 weeks now and im depressed as hell but trust me it gets better
here's my instagram we can be friends or if you wanna talk; Amgad.six6
(Original post by Anonymous)
i have no friends, nothing. i don't like school but i feel in prison at home. i've cried three times this week and although i thought it might make me feel better i feel worse and embarassed, i feel like i should just man up. i have some minor-ish bullying at school that has got worse recently but i always feel i am running away from the problem. it's my 16th birthday in a few weeks but i've got no one to invite. it's prom soon but i've got no one to go with. i've been like this for the best part of what is now three years and i am fed up. i don't see anything changing? all i ever feel is a sense of rejection and isolation, it seems things go okay then gradually get worse
Truleesincere
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Guess what - it's normal to feel lonely at times. It sounds like you have a lot of concerns for yourself and nobody to talk with. Bullies target people like that. The truth is, you can just look at the bullies, and whether you say it or not - they aren't important.
It sounds like you are coping with deeper feelings that keep you from reaching out. The problem is, you can only withdraw to a certain degree. One of the biggest fears is usually rejection. Yet, when you've had a lifetime of withdrawing, there's no way to suddenly jump out of it. It takes steps, and the first one is being able to appreciate who you are.
Investigate your interests. What do you do at home that you enjoy? If you were the person you dream of being what would you do? What topics do you enjoy reading about or studying?

You're very smart. I can see that because of your post.

If you want to chat privately, I'm a very secure confidante. It only feels alone, but it can get better. I promise, you aren't alone but it won't ever feel like it until you trust yourself to take some steps. There will always be a degree of bullying and judgment but it won't always matter. I think you can mail me through the TSR mail. I hope you will.
studytheblurb
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Around a year ago I felt exactly the same. I only spoke to my best friends throughout the whole of secondary, last year of secondary they dropped me. I never expected it in a million years. I was forced to be alone, make friends, find myself etc. I made a few friends but no one I ever felt as close with again so I always felt really isolated. I didn’t go to prom since I didn’t really have anyone to go with. Spent my birthdays with my family. But honestly, I think it’s better like this. You learn to be your own person and not depend on others. Not everyone has to go to prom, I know it seems like a big deal now but as I have left school and prom is back in the past for me it really isn’t a big deal it’s just loads of money spent on one night to hang with people I didn’t even like lol, what was even the point of going ? I feel like you should only go if u do have a determined group of friends. Take this time to focus on yourself, revise and focus on your exams and spend time with your family. After secondary you will meet new people and all of this and how you felt in secondary will be forgotten.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads