The Student Room Group

excruciatingly regret my wasted years

I regret being a lazy slouch all through my adolescence, since I was the age capable to some extent make decisions to acheive my goals, which I would say was around 10 for me. e.g my biggest dream was to play pro football once I get older, I was even in a academy from 7-10 and was quite a good footballer for that age. When I turned 11 it all started to go downhill, I gained so much weight that I was kicked out of the academy and that football dream was left there to be rotten. Age 11 onward I became very self consious of my weight, I didnt do anything about it, I became lazier as I grew older and gained more and more weight. This had a huge impact on my confidence, my social life throughout high school was pretty much non existent. I had a few friends but I never once did anything with them outside school. Didnt make any memories throughout high school because of being very unsocial and as a result very shy. Didnt even go prom etc. even a few kids who were I would say in a lot worse situation than me went.

College came around and had the perfect opportuinty to join a gym that my new made friends were encouraging me to join to go with, but I kept making excuses not to join which is so stupid, just because I didnt want to expose my overweight body to them, at this point I was very good at conceiling my overwieght body by layering on top. College went by and still nothing done about my weight.

First year at uni, just before I was about to hit 20 I got a sudden courage of becoming fit, and throughout my 20 i gave it all to loose that excess fat and did so quite easily and now have the best physique I have ever had. I realise I am very late for having any hope of acheiving my childhood dream of becoming a footballer.

Only If I had this done when I was alot younger, I would at least have a chance to achieve my childhood dream. And all the sweet childhood memories wasted like going out with mates, having a first relationship at school just becuase I was self consious for my weight, and didnt do anything about it. I now think it was such an easy task to become fit and just cant believe I wasted a very important decade of my life because of it. Its very hard atm to let go of my past but I am working on it.
The future is now darling, you can never truly know what would have happened had you continued in the academy! Who knows, you may find yourself unhappier than you are now, the past is a lesson and doesn’t have to be a life sentence ! Good luck.
Reply 2
God dammmmn me
Reply 3
Original post by Supernova36
The future is now darling, you can never truly know what would have happened had you continued in the academy! Who knows, you may find yourself unhappier than you are now, the past is a lesson and doesn’t have to be a life sentence ! Good luck.

it could only have been better to continue

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending