I want to cry myself to sleep tonight and wake up a different person. Watch

tashkent46
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
spoke to an old friend today, haven't spoken to any friends in a while, we shared what we're doing in our lives. it reminded me of how much of a piece of **** i am and how i'm acting like i have my life together, and of the bad brain decisions i've made that got me to this point. not even decisions, actually. it's just my brain in general. it seems incapable of making me a successful, normal person. and i don't see this ever changing. it's just who i am.

accidentally compared myself to her, i think. idk.
Well I hope my friends don't feel like that after they see me, and I'm sure if she's a good person she'll feel the same. You don't have to pretend like you have your life together, you may not be bright, you may not be the most successful person in your life but don't we all owe it to ourselves to be honest? This is about me as much as it is about you when I say that, I too like to pretend I have my life together when the reality is I am putting on a face, I'm lonely and pretty bored and not sure what I'm looking for. But I've honestly identified that and that helps a little.

I think you need to think about the real causes. I can't say anything to make you feel better other than open yourself up, think about what it is that makes you you and don't compare yourself just realise what needs you have and try to fulfil them.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by LegallyJasmine)
That is the thing: you could not have been somebody else. You are you. I do not know what you are referring to in specific when you say you cannot use your brain like a normal functioning person, but whatever is bothering you if you can change it then make it your goal right now to strive to be the better version of you. I know we sometimes cannot help it but contemplating life being a different person only brings more misery. You have one life, one chance, only you and you have the power to change your mental state. It is hard, ofc, but it is doable.

Another quote (Idk what's up with me and quotes today) that I used to think about when I reach points like this:

"When we hit our lowest points, we are open to the greatest change"

I always think it in my lowest points, and use all the hatred and emotion I feel to instead think of an action plan. It is not wrong to feel this way, sometimes you can use these moments for your own benefit. Good luck, and if you need anything my PMs are always open :hugs:
thankful that people like you exist in the world. you don't even know me or anything about me but you're trying to help. idk why. it's this that makes me look forward to life: the possibility of finding good people.
LegallyJasmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thankful that people like you exist in the world. you don't even know me or anything about me but you're trying to help. idk why. it's this that makes me look forward to life: the possibility of finding good people.
Of course, very happy to help. ❤️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by LegallyJasmine; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I wish everyone sad in the world tonight would stop being sad. I wish everyone lonely in the world tonight could stop being lonely. I wish everyone crying themselves to sleep tonight will feel better in the morning.

It's so fvcking painful to think how many people are in pain tonight. How many people feel like they shouldn't exist.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LegallyJasmine)
There is this quote I really like, not sure if it’s a Christian prayer, “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.”

I think it’s a nice quote to keep in mind
The Serenity Prayer, often used at aa meetings trying to stay sober and written by twentieth century American theologian Reinhold Niebuhr.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise