The Student Room Group

Urgent: Should I go to college?

My ocd has kicked in, very time consuming, risk being late because of how often I perform my compulsions. SSRI side effects nausea, often about to faint, lethargy. Apart from that I’m not super sick and feel like I should toughen up as avoidance behaviour ain’t good.
Yes or no to college
A day off won’t do you any harm, just make sure to catch up on any work missed. If you mean should you drop out of college, you should talk to a teacher/supervisor at school and see if they can help you and accommodate for your needs to continue attendance. Personally I would talk to a friend or parent about this issue as well, and perhaps seek professional advice. Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
My ocd has kicked in, very time consuming, risk being late because of how often I perform my compulsions. SSRI side effects nausea, often about to faint, lethargy. Apart from that I’m not super sick and feel like I should toughen up as avoidance behaviour ain’t good.
Yes or no to college

If you feel like it would be bad for routine not to then you can do what you can to make it in but explain to college that you are having a bad day so may be late and may need to spend lesson time in the library.

If you are feeling unwell (physical or mental) and don't feel there is any benefit to going/ negative to not going then just call and say you aren't well today.

In general one day isn't a big deal, it's just a matter of if you feel it will set you back at all.
Yes you have to go to college.

Quick Reply

Latest