Can anyone name this disorder Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hello,
I’ve found myself suffering with what I belive to be a dissociative disorder however I cannot be sure.
I often feel like I change personality and often catch myself disassociating under certain triggors and often feel like going by new names however never use them (mainly cos I’m very socially anxious). I also often hate looking in mirrors unless I have a perpose because I feel the face and body is wrong but other times I feel it’s right.
I’ve also recently been having convos with people I assumed I made up and somtimes I can prove this (by forcing them to say stuff by just thinking about it and not saying it) however other times they bring up points I don’t even think about but this is rare.
The worst bit about this is that I’m not even sure it’s real. Like I’m aware that somthing wrong because my brain wouldn’t make this all up if it was fine but there just seems to be too many convenient gaps and stuff.
At first I thought it was DID but I have no amnesia so I can’t be but I realy don’t know.
Does anyone know that this could be? I will happily answer any questions below.
Thanks a lot
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,
I’ve found myself suffering with what I belive to be a dissociative disorder however I cannot be sure.
I often feel like I change personality and often catch myself disassociating under certain triggors and often feel like going by new names however never use them (mainly cos I’m very socially anxious). I also often hate looking in mirrors unless I have a perpose because I feel the face and body is wrong but other times I feel it’s right.
I’ve also recently been having convos with people I assumed I made up and somtimes I can prove this (by forcing them to say stuff by just thinking about it and not saying it) however other times they bring up points I don’t even think about but this is rare.
The worst bit about this is that I’m not even sure it’s real. Like I’m aware that somthing wrong because my brain wouldn’t make this all up if it was fine but there just seems to be too many convenient gaps and stuff.
At first I thought it was DID but I have no amnesia so I can’t be but I realy don’t know.
Does anyone know that this could be? I will happily answer any questions below.
Thanks a lot
Please speak to your doctor and they can help you find a diagnosis. It won't be of any help to you if we just list random disorders because they won't be accurate.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads