Rant/stress Watch

anonymous.2000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I did a chemistry mock and after I sat the paper, I felt like complete rubbish because I didn’t even complete 3 pages of it and I struggled a lot. I already know the grade boundaries and they’re so ridiculously high (90/100 for an A*).
I know I flopped the paper but my issue is I need to get A*AA, and I feel as though no matter how hard I work I never get the grades I want. I’m working through the Biology and chemistry papers year by year, understanding the mark scheme, taking a note of my mistake, and I’ve also understood 98% of the specifications (the rest is practicals which I still need to work on).
I know that I could’ve done really well but I don’t feel like I did, I know there’s no point in dwelling either but it doesn’t seem to leave my thoughts since exams are so near. I feel like I’m running out of time and there’s nothing I can do to get the grades I need at this stage.
yzanne
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anonymous.2000)
I did a chemistry mock and after I sat the paper, I felt like complete rubbish because I didn’t even complete 3 pages of it and I struggled a lot. I already know the grade boundaries and they’re so ridiculously high (90/100 for an A*).
I know I flopped the paper but my issue is I need to get A*AA, and I feel as though no matter how hard I work I never get the grades I want. I’m working through the Biology and chemistry papers year by year, understanding the mark scheme, taking a note of my mistake, and I’ve also understood 98% of the specifications (the rest is practicals which I still need to work on).
I know that I could’ve done really well but I don’t feel like I did, I know there’s no point in dwelling either but it doesn’t seem to leave my thoughts since exams are so near. I feel like I’m running out of time and there’s nothing I can do to get the grades I need at this stage.
Although I personally don't take science (I was on foundation chemistry at GCSE if that tells you anything! ), my friend does.

She finds chemistry tough as well, but she recommends to keep pushing through - learn your topics inside out and do as many papers as you can on specific topics as you can. In Chemistry it can be super easy to lose small knowledge answers & easy marks such as definitions and applying them correctly. Also, make sure you speak to your teachers about things you don't know and make them aware of how hard your already working - they know what they're doing and can help you in places you're weaker in. When reading mark schemes, make sure you read the examiner's comments because it gives good guidance on what common mistakes can be made.

Good luck...you will get there and remember it's only a year and 3 months until it's all over! Hang in there
anonymous.2000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you for the advice - I do everything you’ve stated including reading the examiners comments 😂 and I’ve got two months left (I’m in year 13) if I had over a year I wouldn’t be stressing
(Original post by yzanne)
Although I personally don't take science (I was on foundation chemistry at GCSE if that tells you anything! ), my friend does.

She finds chemistry tough as well, but she recommends to keep pushing through - learn your topics inside out and do as many papers as you can on specific topics as you can. In Chemistry it can be super easy to lose small knowledge answers & easy marks such as definitions and applying them correctly. Also, make sure you speak to your teachers about things you don't know and make them aware of how hard your already working - they know what they're doing and can help you in places you're weaker in. When reading mark schemes, make sure you read the examiner's comments because it gives good guidance on what common mistakes can be made.

Good luck...you will get there and remember it's only a year and 3 months until it's all over! Hang in there
yzanne
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anonymous.2000)
Thank you for the advice - I do everything you’ve stated including reading the examiners comments 😂 and I’ve got two months left (I’m in year 13) if I had over a year I wouldn’t be stressing
Ah, understood. I really do hope it will all come together and the revision triggers your brain more - I'm sure you'll come around great in the exams!
happily
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
also remember to take necessary breaks, get some fresh air, or take a walk in the park.
feed some oxygen to your brain and movements to your body
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads