?
Report 1 week ago
40 dead now
Zamestaneh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am being told by friends in Australia who know people with family in New Zealand that up to 60 have been injured or killed including women and children. I saw a section of the shooting and it was horrendous.
There were IEDs planted on vehicles but they were defused.
Last edited by Zamestaneh; 1 week ago
Zamestaneh
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Name:  IMG_20190315_070411_974.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  58.0 KB

If this is legit, this is disgusting.
HucktheForde
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zamestaneh)

i saw this on his twitter account.
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sad
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zamestaneh)

:rofl2:
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had no idea that Australia and NZ have such a right wing problem. And that aussie senator's statement is ****ing appalling, I seriously question how someone that extreme could get into office.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
bit strange for this to have happened in New Zealand?

I wasn't aware of muslims doing any terror attacks down there ...

Why was he so angry with them?
RevivalSurvival
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
I had no idea that Australia and NZ have such a right wing problem. And that aussie senator's statement is ****ing appalling, I seriously question how someone that extreme could get into office.
I would say that it would have been naive to think so. We do see the uprising of numerous far-right groups and white supremacists, especially in America and western Europe, with many that dwell below the surfaces, only to show their true values in support of their bigoted and more vocal mouthpieces
Last edited by RevivalSurvival; 1 week ago
operioe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ANM775)
bit strange for this to have happened in New Zealand?

I wasn't aware of muslims doing any terror attacks down there ...

Why was he so angry with them?
He wasn't even from New Zealand he was from Australia as well. Must have went to New Zealand as they have more relax gun laws.
Toki the Dumdum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Oh well this is just lovey to wake up to.

You know what, I stand up for all you muslims who are a peaceful bunch, no seriously, I do, but it’s seriously getting really frustrating when all I see is a bunch of people here being grateful that the news said it was an ‘extremist act’ so not to label the peaceful bunch, it’s getting reall fuc*king pathetic now seeing these shootings, almost always by a muslim extremist, and then I come on the news and all I see is ‘sad’, ‘this has no place here’, well of course it has no place here, if the government did their job a little better with not letting these extremists in here we might actually have children who see past the age of 4.

It’s time muslims started to do more than just respond to the aftermath of the attack, when mostly all of you mainly care about ‘misrepresentation’ of your religion, don’t you see more people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason, I’m getting sick and tired of religion now, and yes, I know, some of you are a nice bunch, and I stand for your right to believe in whatever it is you want, but it’s time people started caring more than just misrepresentation when these acts occur, you should be worrying about the people who were killed, the men, women and children, not misrepresentation, you ask me this is a callous denial of the fact that your religion is out of control.
Have you read anything beyond a headline?
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RevivalSurvival)
I would say that it would have been naive to think so. We do see the uprising of numerous far-right groups and white supremacists, especially in America and western Europe, with many that dwell below the surfaces, only to show their true values in support of their bigoted and more vocal mouthpieces
The irony of complaining about immigration as a white immigrant of Australia. Clearly lost on these morons.
GraduateLynx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mandem67)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-47578798

Reports that shots were fired at a mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand.

May God provide the families and friends of the victims with comfort and guidance in this difficult time for them, and this is coming from a Christian.
If everyone in the world was an atheist things like this wouldn’t happen.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Toki the Dumdum)
Have you read anything beyond a headline?
I read a story where it said the act was carried about by Muslim extremists, this is on me.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
49 now confirmed to having died.
The terrorist left a 74 page anti immigrant manifesto and a few others have been arrested.

RIP to those involved.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GraduateLynx)
If everyone in the world was an atheist things like this wouldn’t happen.
Agreed - the world would be a much more peaceful and safer place
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I read the wrong article, take it easy there captain.
did you read breitbart?
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by operioe)
Why would a muslim shoot up a mosque you retard?
Listen here, I read a wrong article implying a Muslim extremist did this act, don’t get all sjw on me.
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I read a story where it said the act was carried about by Muslim extremists, this is on me.
must be breitbart :rofl:

delete your post bro.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Very, very sad to wake up to this. The killers clearly intended to provoke violent responses from Islamists. The cold brutality is reminiscent of US school shootings, IS actions and other similar events.

NZ is a country where it is all too easy to obtain mass murder weaponry, it is tougher than the United States, but New Zealand courts have defended people's mass ownership and sale of semi-automatic weapons.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (126)
17.72%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.13%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.3%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.49%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.85%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.52%

Watched Threads