New Zealand mosque shootings kill 50 Watch

Pinkisk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tacomite)
Nevertheless, he says it clear as day in the video.
Have you seen the video? I'm not going to watch something like that. Its beyond disturbing and disgusting that someone would film something like that and post it online. I find it deplorable that people would be comfortable watching a person shooting children in the head.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 1 week ago
quasa
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
based on the NZ PMs press conference, 3 people are suspected as active shooters with 1 an accomplice. What is far more conerning is how on earth none of the suspects were flagged to Aus or NZ intelligence officials.
(Original post by Doones)
Terrible, terrible, terrible

I'm unclear though on whether they are saying the shooter is responsible for both attacks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doones
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pinkisk)
Ive read now that he's a Brit who lives in Australia and New Zealand. 40 people have been murdered and 70 injured and four people have been arrested, three men and one woman.
British?

Posted from TSR Mobile
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
this is very distressing. nothing like it has happened in New Zealand since 1809.
tacomite
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you seen the video? I'm not going to watch something like that. Its beyond disturbing and disgusting that someone would film something like that and post it online. I find it deplorable that people would even watch it.
Yes. I've seen it. It's quite bizarre that he said it but he did.
Doones
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
based on the NZ PMs press conference, 3 people are suspected as active shooters with 1 an accomplice. What is far more conerning is how on earth none of the suspects were flagged to Aus or NZ intelligence officials.
Ok. Thanks.

And, indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
actually surprised your not supporting supporting the terrorists
Calling someone a terrorist sympathiser because they take issue with the teachings of Islam :facepalm2:
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
actually surprised your not supporting supporting the terrorists
Well then that's on you because I don't and have never supported terrorists. Don't conflate criticism of Islam with hatred towards Muslims.
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 1 week ago
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
As someone who absolutely refuses to watch the video, I find it worrying that he apparently used a song from initial D. If it is the song dogfight, I will be annoyed upset as it is a song about racing at the limit and enjoying youself as is possibly 1 of my most played songs across all devices (if true, then I will purge this song from my devices, browsing history and TSR)
Terrorist likes a song you like therefore you can't listen to it anymore? :confused:
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
British?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ya, apparently his parents are British but he was born in Australia.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/864200...nders-breivik/
MrDystopia
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Edited the title for clarity.
quasa
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
fair point and apologies for offending you
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Well that's then on you because I don't and have never supported terrorists. Don't conflate criticism of Islam with hatred towards Muslims.
Doones
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ya, apparently his parents are British but he was born in Australia.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/864200...nders-breivik/
So Australian, not that it really matters.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
quasa
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Would you liketo be reminded of a horrific event everytime you do something that brings you joy? I dont
(Original post by Decahedron)
Terrorist likes a song you like therefore you can't listen to it anymore? :confused:
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So Australian, not that it really matters.
I'm not sure if he is Australian. Australia doesn't give citizenship to people born in Australia unless they have an Australian parent or one of their parents is a permanent resident. He might have been given citizenship if one of his parents has a permanent residence status. He might also hold dual citizenship. I mean, he looks very, very English. It would be interesting to know how this turns out.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
More likely than not this Pewdiepie thing is all nonsense. I would not be surprised if left wing extremists are using this terrorist attack to try to take this guy down, which is disgusting in and of itself. i mean just imagine a guy out to murder people shouting subscribe to a youtube channel whilst doing his bidding ...its beyond ridiculous...
My take on Pewdiepie is he's been more notorious for his anti-Jewishness than for his Islamophobia, but I don't follow him closely (I can only take so much unpleasantness in my life) so maybe I'm out of touch.

There's a dotted line between the regular drizzle (sometimes a blizzard) of anti-Muslim rhetoric in the right wing media and the activities of the Far Right. They aren't in precise lock step, but one helps foster the other.
quasa
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
PRSOM (always nice to hear confirmation from peoples mouths (or in this case, public forums)). A lot of people in places I work irl who are ciritical of peoples religions / ethnicites often show hatred towards particular religions / ethnicities / orientation and have the attitude where they view victims of hate crimes as the perpetators. So again, apologies for my previous comment of surprise.
Well that's then on you because I don't and have never supported terrorists. Don't conflate criticism of Islam with hatred towards Muslims.
Simbasoul
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh well, if he looks very, very English then of course he must be....English?!!

Whatever his citizenship, he was born and raised in Australia and has committed a crime of such a vile magnitude on New Zealnad soil. Does it really matter what nationality he is? Can we not just all agree that he is obviously a terrorist and a murdering coward?
I'm not sure if he is Australian. Australia doesn't give citizenship to people born in Australia unless they have an Australian parent or one of their parents is a permanent resident. He might have been given citizenship if one of his parents has a permanent residence status. He might also hold dual citizenship. I mean, he looks very, very English. It would be interesting to know how this turns out.
alevelshelpit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
PRSOM (always nice to hear confirmation from peoples mouths (or in this case, public forums)). A lot of people in places I work irl who are ciritical of peoples religions / ethnicites often show hatred towards particular religions / ethnicities / orientation and have the attitude where they view victims of hate crimes as the perpetators. So again, apologies for my previous comment of surprise.
if somebody criticises the teachings of islam it doesn't make the person a terrorist sympathiser. stop throwing labels here and there.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But it's not an airy academic debate carried out in neutral, balanced tones. The social media Islamo-wars are about as poisonous and hate-filled as you can get, if you like that sort of thing enough to regularly check them out. It's a bit of a pretense to claim that 'criticism of Islam' exists in some kind of bubble separate to chronic Islamophobia and Muslim-hate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads