Employment Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Anyone else finding it difficult to find a job? Adults made it seem like getting a degree would solve all problems but lol? Even with a 2:1 in Business Management, companies still make it so difficult and long .
CrazyConnor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
A degree is never a guarantee of a job. It's a pathway to the possibility of a decent career.
RevivalSurvival
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It is very difficult. The recruitment processes are incredibly long and can be drawn out for months.

Applications usually involve numerous online tests, long application forms, video interviews, assessment centres, in-person interviews etc

It is exhausting, frustrating.
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anyone else finding it difficult to find a job? Adults made it seem like getting a degree would solve all problems but lol? Even with a 2:1 in Business Management, companies still make it so difficult and long .
Almost nothing guarantees a job. With the number of people leaving uni each year attaining a degree and the available jobs... Not to mention a lot of employers want people with experience. There are limitations of taking on graduates sadly. It is a struggle but you just need to fight on and continue applying. Do as much as you can in terms of volunteering, small exams ect to build your CV. Once you do get a job it'll be worth it and you'll have momentum.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads