A level maths and further maths help Watch

asquaredplus
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I have the a level maths and further maths textbooks for the new edexcel specification. But I hate working through the book. Is it possible to achieve an A*-A grade on maths and further maths by solely relying on Examsolutions.net and past papers? I heard that he doesn't cover proofs that well but I want an honest opinion or any past stories of anyone doing the same.

Thanks in advance
XZS
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It is highly possible to get an A just by past papers but you really need to understand the material and know how to apply or manipulate it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by XZS; 5 days ago
Master1022
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by asquaredplus)
I have the a level maths and further maths textbooks for the new edexcel specification. But I hate working through the book. Is it possible to achieve an A*-A grade on maths and further maths by solely relying on Examsolutions.net and past papers? I heard that he doesn't cover proofs that well but I want an honest opinion or any past stories of anyone doing the same.

Thanks in advance
I agree with others in that the textbook questions are definitely worth doing to aim for the A*. Perhaps you needn't attempt all of them, but would definitely attempt the ones towards the end of the exercises/ chapter as those ones tend to be harder. (N.B. I haven't seen any of the new Edexcel books, just going off the old textbooks).

If you still think those questions are too easy and you want to solidify your conceptual understanding, I would definitely suggest that you attempt some of the STEP past paper questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed