Thinking about leaving my course Watch

dominicho12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hey all, I've been thinking of leaving my course back in November and it's now March, it's been an ongoing debate to leave my course or continue. My friends and peers told me to stick with it until I finished my exams. My exams were in January and got my results 1 horribly failed, 1 tolerated fail and just 1 scrape of a pass. Not only am I feeling bad about myself but I just find it really affecting my mentality to even think. I'm grateful my professors are understanding and been helping me but it's just that I feel it's not the right path for me I have no motivation due to how the course is being taught there's people on the course that has countless of years of experience whereas I barely got any. Plus it was suppose to be a conversion course, I wanted to do the course because of my passion for technology only to realise it was just a hobby and nothing I actually find interesting and quite honestly it's tiring for me. I've done my undergrad studies last year and loved every moment of that but my master's' right now I feel it's best to just suspend.

For those wondering, I'm doing a computer science master's and quite honestly it's just affecting my own mental self.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by dominicho12)
Hey all, I've been thinking of leaving my course back in November and it's now March, it's been an ongoing debate to leave my course or continue. My friends and peers told me to stick with it until I finished my exams. My exams were in January and got my results 1 horribly failed, 1 tolerated fail and just 1 scrape of a pass. Not only am I feeling bad about myself but I just find it really affecting my mentality to even think. I'm grateful my professors are understanding and been helping me but it's just that I feel it's not the right path for me I have no motivation due to how the course is being taught there's people on the course that has countless of years of experience whereas I barely got any. Plus it was suppose to be a conversion course, I wanted to do the course because of my passion for technology only to realise it was just a hobby and nothing I actually find interesting and quite honestly it's tiring for me. I've done my undergrad studies last year and loved every moment of that but my master's' right now I feel it's best to just suspend.

For those wondering, I'm doing a computer science master's and quite honestly it's just affecting my own mental self.
If you honestly feel like your masters is not right for you: you don't enjoy it, you are struggling and it is affecting your own personal wellbeing - then it might be the best option to consider leaving the course. A Masters course will be very different to what you experienced during your undergraduate course. It is worth considering about what you want to do and your next steps at this point.
dominicho12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
If you honestly feel like your masters is not right for you: you don't enjoy it, you are struggling and it is affecting your own personal wellbeing - then it might be the best option to consider leaving the course. A Masters course will be very different to what you experienced during your undergraduate course. It is worth considering about what you want to do and your next steps at this point.
The thing is I do enjoy the topic but it's so stressful that I find it really affects my own well being and lifestyle to be honest. I've booked a meeting with the career's team from my old campus next Tuesday. But I'm more stressing over the fact I got an assignment due on Friday but like I said my mentally have dropped significantly when doing the course. At first I did like it, but than I just feel this course is far far too much for me. I'm just scared employers will look down on me cause of that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads