The Student Room Group

Islamophobic terrorist told followers to subscribe to Pewdiepie

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I just want to say that I am physically sickened by this horrific act of terrorism. The terrorist who carried out the attack decided to stream the entire ordeal on a head cam and after seeing a clip on Twitter, my morbid curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to seek out the full video. When you see mass shootings in the news there's almost a disconnect; it doesn't quite seem real. You hear about the death counts and your heart aches for the innocent victims but you don't see the actual depravity and wickedness of the act itself. The video I witnessed in its full 16 minutes was nauseating and I think it will be imprinted into my brain for the rest of my life. The way he casually walks up to mosque, and picks people off one-by-one is traumatising - do not watch the video.
Original post by SoggyCabbages
Sorry I don’t follow? Are you trying to make a point?

Proved gender is more fluid as they appear as a woman to you.
I don’t think Pewdiepie is to blame for this. This guy just spurted out every meme he could think of to get the most attention possible. Pewdiepie, as far as I can tell, is not a sinister person.
This was one person, fueled by 8chan. To blame pewdiepie or "game culture" is dodging the problem.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

How on earth have you managed to turn a thread about a terror attack motive to gender fluidity?

To my knowledge she is a transgender-woman. So why are you trying to make a point about gender fluidity?
Original post by Tamimur
This was one person, fueled by 8chan. To blame pewdiepie or "game culture" is dodging the problem.

People still use 8chan?
Original post by SoggyCabbages
To my knowledge she is a transgender-woman. So why are you trying to make a point about gender fluidity?

I'm willing to be you didn't know they are trans.

Also care to tell me why this guy was not a fascist?

Original post by Andrew97
How on earth have you managed to turn a thread about a terror attack motive to gender fluidity?

Yeah you're right its not relevant.
Pewds (himself) had nothing to do with it.
I'm willing to be you didn't know they are trans.

Also care to tell me why this guy was not a fascist?

You can just tell when listening to her, looking at her topics and by the fact she actually said it in one of her videos I clicked on.

What guy?
Original post by Decahedron
People still use 8chan?

yes?

Umm, The Verge and Vox, for starters. Wow, you made that easy for me. What a tragic post.
Original post by Andrew97

welcome to 2019 *sigh*
Reply 93
So Islam isn't to blame for terrorist attacks committed by people who literally kill thousands of people in the name of their god, but a random terrorist who liked playing video games, was one of 80 million people who is subscribed to Pewdiepie, and happens to be an Islamophobe suddenly makes gaming the cause of the attack.
Pewdiepie isn't uploading today, he normally does daily, out of respect for the victims after the name drop.

With all the toxic celebrities, and social media stars born out of zero talent with very questionable records, the fact that Pewdiepie of all people is targeted is baffling. He makes news for weeks for unknowingly promoting a channel who's owner is apparently antisemitic, after seeing and enjoying a video containing absolutely no antisemitism, and despite very quickly posting an apology and removing his recommendation... and yet, he can raise hundreds of thousands of pounds for a charity in India and nobody gives a crap.

The media who direct blame so unnecessarily in this way are part of the problem. Do something ****ing useful with your power.
Original post by nibana
I just want to say that I am physically sickened by this horrific act of terrorism. The terrorist who carried out the attack decided to stream the entire ordeal on a head cam and after seeing a clip on Twitter, my morbid curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to seek out the full video. When you see mass shootings in the news there's almost a disconnect; it doesn't quite seem real. You hear about the death counts and your heart aches for the innocent victims but you don't see the actual depravity and wickedness of the act itself. The video I witnessed in its full 16 minutes was nauseating and I think it will be imprinted into my brain for the rest of my life. The way he casually walks up to mosque, and picks people off one-by-one is traumatising - do not watch the video.

I watched it and it wasn't as bad as some of the videos that have come out of the Syrian Civil War.
In New Zealand didn't they ban burkas and the niqab/hijab?
Reply 97
He's an unhinged attention-seeking ****nut out there to start ****, incite hatred and get on the news. Of course he's going to take advantage of a f*king meme while livestreaming his shooting.
Reply 98
He did nothing wrong why should he apologise

He told them to subscribe because its a thing at the moment where people do crazy things to get people to subscribe to beat T series
Apparently the shooter was a lefty looking to demonize the right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending