Greenwich, Birkbeck, or Brighton, second choice? Watch

Poll: Greenwich, Birkbeck, or Brighton, second choice?
Greenwich (0)
0%
Birkbeck (1)
25%
Brighton (3)
75%
LemonCake2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I'm planning on putting QMUL as my firm on UCAS but I have trouble choosing my second choice. My options are Greenwich, Birkbeck, and Brighton. Which one do you guys think is better for International Business?
I'm leaning mostly towards Greenwich and Birkbeck as they're in London, and Brighton is quite expensive (and the maintenance loan is lower), but I'm willing to consider it if it's a good uni.
Last edited by LemonCake2; 1 week ago
tomhoney380
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
One of my mates is studying at Birkbeck this year and it took him quite a while to get used to it as it's an evening uni - some people really like this but I think socially it requires a lot more on your part to make friends as quite a lot of people will be mature students - I think reputation wise Brighton is probably the highest but tbh it won't really make much difference
angelinahx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tomhoney380)
One of my mates is studying at Birkbeck this year and it took him quite a while to get used to it as it's an evening uni - some people really like this but I think socially it requires a lot more on your part to make friends as quite a lot of people will be mature students - I think reputation wise Brighton is probably the highest but tbh it won't really make much difference
Don't choose Birkbeck - it's full of mature students and there's no coherent social life or student union. Absolutely, pick Greenwich or Brighton but make sure that you visit both universities as it all comes down to individual choice and preference at the end of the day.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LemonCake2)
Hi, I'm planning on putting QMUL as my firm on UCAS but I have trouble choosing my second choice. My options are Greenwich, Birkbeck, and Brighton. Which one do you guys think is better for International Business?
I'm leaning mostly towards Greenwich and Birkbeck as they're in London, and Brighton is quite expensive (and the maintenance loan is lower), but I'm willing to consider it if it's a good uni.
I wouldn't pick Birkbeck either due to the fact that it's full of mature students doing evening courses - but that might not matter to you? I would probably pick Brighton as it's a fun city for students and while not cheap, nowhere near as expensive as London. Also, it has a better reputation than Greenwich, although both are very much lower than QMUL in that regard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (150)
18.56%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.57%

Watched Threads