Can someone 'objectively' explain why leaving the EU is a bad decision? Watch

username4548094
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dez)
Currently there is a reciprocal agreement between EEA+Switzerland, so a Briton in France has the same medical access as a local citizen, same as a French citizen visiting the UK. The agreement can be seen as a way of supporting both freedom of movement and tourism.
So does that mean a migrant to the UK who becomes afflicted with a mental health illness wouldn’t be eligible to receive financial support?
AJ126
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by WhatIsLife1)
I don’t view brexiteers as racist/far right, but I do take issue with the border issues. Immigrants/Immigration is a scapegoat. Immigrants have a net contribution to our economy. We need workers for the work Brits don’t want to do, such as fruit picking. Leaving the EU would do little to stop a person hiding in the back of a truck.
Immigrants may be good for the economy but there are definitely bad sides to them as well.I doubt for instance we'd have any issue at all with Islamic terrorism if there were in fact no followers of Islam here.
Doones
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 150319)
So does that mean a migrant to the UK who becomes afflicted with a mental health illness wouldn’t be eligible to receive financial support?
What financial support?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username4548094
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Doones)
What financial support?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Out of work financial support.
Doones
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Out of work financial support.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...k-or-disabled/
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
bloomer36
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Chakede)
its not because most just want better border control ( plenty of black brown white ppl here want that ) its th atypical brexiteer seems to ascribe to the whole xenophobia ethos - their view toward foreigners ( mainly non-white) is perverted and it has found a 'legitimate' outlet in the Brexit vote.

so brexiteers don't understand ( or care) about the bigger picture of separating from the eu
as a pro EU remianer I will say the EUs handnling of the migrant crisis and inability to patrol eu member waters to bring someo rder was idiotic and in part playing into nigel farages hands
Makes sense. I think both sides of this are stupid if I'm being honest, hence why everything's a mess right now. Nobody seems to know what they're doing or why they're doing it.
username4548094
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That link doesn’t appear to answer my question.
Doones
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That link doesn’t appear to answer my question.
It depends on your circumstances.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...ght-to-reside/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lala143
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bloomer36)
But if this is true, then I'm sure the government of a country would be aware of this issue before deciding to hold a referendum for whether to leave or stay? So why would they willingly want to weaken the country like this, if what you say is true?
Because the conservative party was making empty promises, they never considered if the UK was actually going to leave the EU. Lots of people voted because they were told it was for control and now we're stuck in this mess.
bloomer36
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lala143)
Because the conservative party was making empty promises, they never considered if the UK was actually going to leave the EU.
I find this hilarious tbh loool
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nobody can be objective about this subject.
viddy9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AJ126)
Immigrants may be good for the economy but there are definitely bad sides to them as well.I doubt for instance we'd have any issue at all with Islamic terrorism if there were in fact no followers of Islam here.
Humans may be good for the economy but there are definitely bad sides to them as well. I doubt for instance we’d have any issue at all with crime if there were in fact no humans here.
bloomer36
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew97)
Nobody can be objective about this subject.
Knew somebody would comment this. I meant 'try' to be objective, and tell me the facts re the consequences, not your own feelings about it all
Zodrod
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is nothing wrong with leaving the EU. A country like Britain does not need to be restricted by the manacles of the European Union. We are the second most powerful country in the world. We do not need to be begging other EU countries such as France and Germany for a deal. We are superior to them. We need a no deal brexit.
Doones
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by viddy9)
Humans may be good for the economy but there are definitely bad sides to them as well. I doubt for instance we’d have any issue at all with crime if there were in fact no humans here.
Wut?! Do animals not commit "crimes"? Theft? Rape? Murder? Child abduction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bloomer36)
It seems that this is the view of the majority of remainers, though. They are always accusing leavers of being racist.
Or stupid, uneducated, xenophobic, a thug, bigoted, starstruck, bullies, right wing, against the welfare state, charity, social benefits, economically unaware....

The list goes on and on I've had them on here just because I voted leave and its beyond the intellectual capacity of some remainers on here to understand alternative views expressed via simple words, so they try to dismiss the view so they don't have to understand it.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notnek)
I don't think it's the majority of remainers. Maybe just the remainers that shout the loudest?
Or the stupid ones more like.

Several of my real life friends are remainers, Inc my boss we have debates all the time. Never once does it result to insult or fall out, I understand their points and they understand mine, it's called intelligence some have it and done don't.
AJ126
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by viddy9)
That's not really the same is it? Humans are essential to the economy.Islam is not.Nor are backwards cultures that think stuff like FGM is ok.Its also not really essential to have young black gang members stabbing each other all over London.And before you say that's racist it is actually backed up by statistics.Most knife crime in London is committed by a certain demographic.You probably wouldn't have these issues without immigration from other countries.Of course there are benefits too but it's not really as simple as " immigrants good". No.They are both good and bad like most things.
viddy9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AJ126)
That's not really the same is it? Humans are essential to the economy.Islam is not.Nor are backwards cultures that think stuff like FGM is ok.Its also not really essential to have young black gang members stabbing each other all over London.And before you say that's racist it is actually backed up by statistics.Most knife crime in London is committed by a certain demographic.You probably wouldn't have these issues without immigration from other countries.Of course there are benefits too but it's not really as simple as " immigrants good". No.They are both good and bad like most things.
Do you support deportation?
username4548094
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Doones)
Wut?! Do animals not commit "crimes"? Theft? Rape? Murder? Child abduction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Animals most certainly do commit crime. ****ing magpies and seagulls and pigeons flying around stealing things and vandalising monuments with fecal matter...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.13%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.48%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.5%

Watched Threads