MSc Investigative Psychology, University of Huddersfield - 2019/20 Watch

LaurieCB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone!

I'm just popping this wee message out here and hoping that others starting the Investigative Psychology MSc in September will find it and might want to join in!

I just got my offer for 2019 entry and I'm so excited!

Looking forward to chatting to you all!

Laurie
annalewis8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi again! I’m looking forward to starting this course too! Are you commuting to Huddersfield for the teaching weeks or are you local?

Anna X
(Original post by LaurieCB)
Hi everyone!

I'm just popping this wee message out here and hoping that others starting the Investigative Psychology MSc in September will find it and might want to join in!

I just got my offer for 2019 entry and I'm so excited!

Looking forward to chatting to you all!

Laurie
LaurieCB
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hello!

I'm based up in Edinburgh so will be commuting down for the 3 weeks. How about you?

What's your background before deciding to do this course?

Hopefully we'll get some more people involved soon I was thinking we could maybe make a wee Facebook group if there are enough of us! x
(Original post by annalewis8)
Hi again! I’m looking forward to starting this course too! Are you commuting to Huddersfield for the teaching weeks or are you local?

Anna X
annalewis8
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Ah! I’ll also be commuting but up from Worcestershire! I’m currently trying to be organised and work out the best option of where to stay for the duration 🤔

So I completed my undergrad degree in forensic psychology last year and decided to take a year out before continuing with my career path in September. What about you?

Yeah that sounds good
Hello!

I'm based up in Edinburgh so will be commuting down for the 3 weeks. How about you?

What's your background before deciding to do this course?

Hopefully we'll get some more people involved soon I was thinking we could maybe make a wee Facebook group if there are enough of us! x
LaurieCB
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Great - glad to meet another commuter! I've already been looking at places to stay too

That's really cool that you come from a forensic psychology background. My undergrad is actually in English Language (with some psych modules), so completely different to a lot of others I'd imagine. Although one of the course tutors told me they always usually have a few non-psych grads, so that made me feel better. I'm a mature student too! (I'm 30)

I'm freaking out a little about the amount of stats that will be involved so I'm trying to learn as much as I can in advance.

Have you had a go at the Canter IP book yet? It's fascinating!

(Original post by annalewis8)

Ah! I’ll also be commuting but up from Worcestershire! I’m currently trying to be organised and work out the best option of where to stay for the duration 🤔

So I completed my undergrad degree in forensic psychology last year and decided to take a year out before continuing with my career path in September. What about you?

Yeah that sounds good
KatieBoo1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I’ve just applied for this course too

How long did it take to hear back from the uni? x
LaurieCB
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Hello!

I actually applied really early, back in November, and didn't get my acceptance until the beginning of last week. They told me it took so long because of the Christmas break though, and then they had all the UCAS applications to deal with first. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you!
(Original post by KatieBoo1)

annalewis8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Ah nice! Yeah I think it’s really convenient to have a course that we can predominantly do from home! Will you be getting a hotel for each of the weeks?

Oh right that’s interesting! So you probably know the foundations to psychology but I’d imagine they cover the basics at the beginning anyway. It’s quite overwhelming to know how much information they can fit into a year long course!
Oh of course the stats 😅 I’m definitely going to have to brush up on them! I actually found some YouTube tutorials super helpful whilst doing my undergrad.

I haven’t actually, I’ll give it a try! Thanks 😊
Great - glad to meet another commuter! I've already been looking at places to stay too

That's really cool that you come from a forensic psychology background. My undergrad is actually in English Language (with some psych modules), so completely different to a lot of others I'd imagine. Although one of the course tutors told me they always usually have a few non-psych grads, so that made me feel better. I'm a mature student too! (I'm 30)

I'm freaking out a little about the amount of stats that will be involved so I'm trying to learn as much as I can in advance.

Have you had a go at the Canter IP book yet? It's fascinating!
annalewis8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I applied last September and heard back at the start of Jan however like Laurie, I was told they were dealing with UCAS before post grads! I think on another post I read it usually takes 3-4 weeks X
(Original post by KatieBoo1)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (150)
18.56%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.57%

Watched Threads