Speeding Ticket Appeal Watch

Hannah124
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I received a NIP today, going 65 in a 50 on the motorway. I have returned the NIP and said I was driving at the time. However I have emailed to informally appeal it as directed by the force's helpline when I called as I left a nightshift early to get to my grandparent's house as my grandmother had had a fall, she is 91 with dementia. I was the only person whom could attend as the rest of my family were on holiday. I have explained that in hindsight I should have called an ambulance but didn't at the time as she is violent with the dementia and does not react well to strangers, she also has heart problems and I didn't want the stress of dealing with strangers to cause her more stress after her fall. I didn't know the extent of her injuries until I arrived at their house.

I have admitted my guilt as I was driving, however has anyone had similar with an informal appeal? were you successful? I know the chances are virtually 0 but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks in advance
LuigiMario
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
appeals seem to lead to https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/...ne-vicky-pryce
or a more recent MP jailed

In Switzerland, where I drive quite a bit, 40 km/h above the limit costs 10% of your annual salary as a fine and they start with a week in prison, try but pay before penalties or suggest you accept & do a speed awareness course, if that is possible in your area. good luck
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Hannah124)
I received a NIP today, going 65 in a 50 on the motorway. I have returned the NIP and said I was driving at the time. However I have emailed to informally appeal it as directed by the force's helpline when I called as I left a nightshift early to get to my grandparent's house as my grandmother had had a fall, she is 91 with dementia. I was the only person whom could attend as the rest of my family were on holiday. I have explained that in hindsight I should have called an ambulance but didn't at the time as she is violent with the dementia and does not react well to strangers, she also has heart problems and I didn't want the stress of dealing with strangers to cause her more stress after her fall. I didn't know the extent of her injuries until I arrived at their house.

I have admitted my guilt as I was driving, however has anyone had similar with an informal appeal? were you successful? I know the chances are virtually 0 but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks in advance
There isn't a defence for speeding other than being chased, issues with calibration, and the NIP arriving late.

Sorry, but this is a fruitless attempt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads