Help. what should I do with my hair?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So yesterday I went to my friend's salon to get my roots touched up as I have dyed my hair blonde and they were coming through. The first issue of the story is that my friend said it would be £20 and it came to a grand total of £55.

Today I went to college, and I do a hairdressing course, and 2 days a year we get to use the products in the salon to do each other's hair. Today was that day. So to take full advantage I was going to tone my hair purple. My friend from the salon is in the same class at college and I let her do my hair. Little did I know that she didn't really know what she is doing and now my hair is completely purple and all I get from my family and friends is that it looks utterly disgusting! (i must have to agree with them like certain parts of it is blue)

I need some advice, should I:
a)redye my hair back to the blonde.
b)wait for it to wash out.
c) (probably the most viable option) go bald and restart my hair dying journey.

I am most frustrated because I have managed to waste £55 as now my roots are purple!
yzanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would suggest only go bald with pre-planning: make sure you have bought a good wig which is comfy and cute, or try a bald cap to make sure you suit it, you don't want to make the situation worse! Of course, this would make your hair a lot healthier but will take many years to fully grow back.

I would suggest just waiting to wash it out. Try different styles where the worst parts are covered up perhaps, wear more hats, or try headscarves?
iElvendork
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wait for a bit before you drastically shave it all off - the purple will probably dye down after a wash or two
How long is your hair now? surely it would take a while to get the same length of hair?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (221)
60.88%
No (76)
20.94%
Not sure (66)
18.18%

Watched Threads