The Student Room Group

OSPAP application

Hi there,
I understand that OSPAP begins in September. Does anyone know if GPhC has a deadline for OSPAP applications? I'm still trying to pass my IELTS and get my application in time to my desired school for 2019 OSPAP.

THANKS.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It’s not a deadline if they receive your application before july then you can have a better chance in your first choice university but also their decision basically allows you two academic years if you didn’t catch the September 19 intake for ospap. I haven’t sorted my application yet as i am still studying for IELTS. I am aiming for Aston university. Also check this this guidance it has all the information you need

https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/sites/default/files/ospap_application_form_and_guidance_december_2017_v2.2.pdf

Where are you from? And which university ospap are you aiming at?
Original post by Toodle A
Hi there,
I understand that OSPAP begins in September. Does anyone know if GPhC has a deadline for OSPAP applications? I'm still trying to pass my IELTS and get my application in time to my desired school for 2019 OSPAP.

THANKS.

There's no deadline but try to get your applications in early enough to avoid delays because after the GPHC application and approval process, you still need to consider the time it takes the universities to send their offers to you and the time it takes to complete their requirements and apply for your visa, assuming you require a visa.
Reply 3
I apologize, Dahlia21, for not responding on time. I didn't get a notification for your response. I'm still writing IELTS too, taking another one this April since I had 6.5 in writing in my previous one. I was originally aiming for Aston, but would generally prefer any programme that allows me to have a 2 in 1 combo. That's the Masters/OSPAP combo. I think its cheaper on the long. However, since I'm coming into the UK as a tier 2 dependent, my husband's job location and home proximity will play a major role as I won't be able to afford accommodation.

Are you in the UK already, Dahlia? Can you tell me about some of your experiences?
Original post by Dahlia21
It’s not a deadline if they receive your application before july then you can have a better chance in your first choice university but also their decision basically allows you two academic years if you didn’t catch the September 19 intake for ospap. I haven’t sorted my application yet as i am still studying for IELTS. I am aiming for Aston university. Also check this this guidance it has all the information you need

https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/sites/default/files/ospap_application_form_and_guidance_december_2017_v2.2.pdf

Where are you from? And which university ospap are you aiming at?
Reply 4
Thank you emjayy3003, I appreciate your counsel. Currently working on my IELTS as I scored 6.5 in writing. Are you doing OSPAP already? Which school is it? Can you relate some of your experiences?
Original post by emjayy3003
There's no deadline but try to get your applications in early enough to avoid delays because after the GPHC application and approval process, you still need to consider the time it takes the universities to send their offers to you and the time it takes to complete their requirements and apply for your visa, assuming you require a visa.
Thank you emjayy3003, I appreciate your counsel. Currently working on my IELTS as I scored 6.5 in writing. Are you doing OSPAP already? Which school is it? Can you relate some of your experiences?

Hello, no i'm not doing the OSPAP yet, resumption is in September and i already got my offer to Sunderland. Just trying to save up for the fees before i proceed.
Reply 6
Oh okay. You're the blessed one
Reply 7
Anyone who tried the comparative assessment framework? For bachelor’s degree assessed as less than UK bachelor’s degree.
Reply 8
Hello, i am in the same IELTS dilemma 😂, as i am taking one next week hopefully for band 7, i am so tight on time as i wanna catch the September intake in Aston, yes the masters degree is cheaper on the long term. I live in Coventry also on Tier 2 dependent as my husband works here. I just started working as a counter assistant in a pharmacy to familiarize myself with the system coz it’s a bit different to what i am used to in Egypt.
Just try to have ur application sent for the council before July to catch the September intake. Where r u studying Ielts from? It’s literally my nightmare 😂
Reply 9
Hi. You can download Cambridge 1-10 to practice. They would help a lot.
Hello, i am in the same IELTS dilemma 😂, as i am taking one next week hopefully for band 7, i am so tight on time as i wanna catch the September intake in Aston, yes the masters degree is cheaper on the long term. I live in Coventry also on Tier 2 dependent as my husband works here. I just started working as a counter assistant in a pharmacy to familiarize myself with the system coz it’s a bit different to what i am used to in Egypt.
Just try to have ur application sent for the council before July to catch the September intake. Where r u studying Ielts from? It’s literally my nightmare 😂
Reply 10
I am taking IELTS next month. As long as you pass your requirements before July, there’s a bigger chance of getting a slot at uni. :-)
Reply 11
OK Masha Allah. I'm originally from Nigeria :smile:but I'm relocating on tier 2 from Saudi Arabia. It's nice that you took up a job. How were u able to get it? Is it at a local pharmacy or online? Cos I'll be needing a job as soon as we relocate too and don't have a clue on the British way of doing things.

Currently prepping for IELTS with friend too. A bit challenging, I might add.
Original post by ammsrph
Anyone who tried the comparative assessment framework? For bachelor’s degree assessed as less than UK bachelor’s degree.

Do u mean by UK NARIC? I'm about to do mine. Did they assess yours as less? Is it a B. Pharmacy degree? And when did this happen?

Reply 12
Yes. It’s just comparable to HND w/ RQF Level 5. So less than a level to bachelor’s degree. Now I need to do the comparative assessment framework using the syllabus from my university which will be fine I think since we have covered more pharmacy stuff in my university.

From which country are you though? I think mine is less because of our education system in the Philippines but the pharmacy modules we have are definitely complete.
OK Masha Allah. I'm originally from Nigeria :smile:but I'm relocating on tier 2 from Saudi Arabia. It's nice that you took up a job. How were u able to get it? Is it at a local pharmacy or online? Cos I'll be needing a job as soon as we relocate too and don't have a clue on the British way of doing things.

Currently prepping for IELTS with friend too. A bit challenging, I might add.

Do u mean by UK NARIC? I'm about to do mine. Did they assess yours as less? Is it a B. Pharmacy degree? And when did this happen?
Reply 13
Original post by ammsrph
Yes. It’s just comparable to HND w/ RQF Level 5. So less than a level to bachelor’s degree. Now I need to do the comparative assessment framework using the syllabus from my university which will be fine I think since we have covered more pharmacy stuff in my university.

From which country are you though? I think mine is less because of our education system in the Philippines but the pharmacy modules we have are definitely complete.

I guess you did not send your educational transcripts to UK NARIC yeah? Otherwise they might have assessed based on that.
Reply 14
Does anyone have any idea on scholarships and grants for OSPAP/Masters in any of the five schools? Particularly for people on tier 2 visa (not student visas or commonwealth scholarships)
Reply 15
I only sent the one from my university not all my transcripts.
Reply 16
Ok
Does anyone have any idea on scholarships and grants for OSPAP/Masters in any of the five schools? Particularly for people on tier 2 visa (not student visas or commonwealth scholarships)

I know Sunderland automatically gives £1000 scholarship as long as you're an international student.
Reply 18
Hi guys. How did you pay for the application? I mean, is it safe to just fill up the form and give your card details?
Original post by ammsrph
Hi guys. How did you pay for the application? I mean, is it safe to just fill up the form and give your card details?

Hello, yes it's relatively safe. Which is why when you send your application, use a reliable courier service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending