Application form, documents. Watch

MartonA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi.So I've been living in the UK since 2012, mainly working as a self employed freelance illustrator, 3d modeller, comic-book artist.I decided to apply to a university to get a proper degree. After talking to the teachers about my portfolio, they advised me to apply to a MA animation course, as my skills are above the BA course, no point doing that. So I will apply to the Bournemouth University Animation and 3d modelling MA course, and to be sure the Bournemouth Poole college top up BA animation course(skipping the foundation degree as the teachers there advised me) The finance application form is confusing. I'm an EU citizen, the application form says

"You should not complete this form if:
on the first day of your 2019/20 academic year, you've been living in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for five years or more

The other option is a UK student. I'm not a UK student, but I've been living here since 2012.

Another thing, maintenance loan requires proof that I lived here for more than 5 years. If I live in a shared household where there are no bills on my name, what proof can I send? Can I ask my bank to print out the last 5 years of bank statements which shows the constant usage of my bank card? I didn't leave the country for more than 9 days any year in the last 5 years.
SFE Andrew
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Hi Marton,

The application your are currently trying to complete is for undergraduate study. If you will be studying a level 7 Masters you need to apply for Post Graduate Loan. The Post Graduate Loan applications are due to launch in the summer, keep an eye on our social media channels around then for an announcement when they launch.

Thanks, Andy
(Original post by MartonA)
Hi.So I've been living in the UK since 2012, mainly working as a self employed freelance illustrator, 3d modeller, comic-book artist.I decided to apply to a university to get a proper degree. After talking to the teachers about my portfolio, they advised me to apply to a MA animation course, as my skills are above the BA course, no point doing that. So I will apply to the Bournemouth University Animation and 3d modelling MA course, and to be sure the Bournemouth Poole college top up BA animation course(skipping the foundation degree as the teachers there advised me) The finance application form is confusing. I'm an EU citizen, the application form says

"You should not complete this form if:
on the first day of your 2019/20 academic year, you've been living in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for five years or more

The other option is a UK student. I'm not a UK student, but I've been living here since 2012.

Another thing, maintenance loan requires proof that I lived here for more than 5 years. If I live in a shared household where there are no bills on my name, what proof can I send? Can I ask my bank to print out the last 5 years of bank statements which shows the constant usage of my bank card? I didn't leave the country for more than 9 days any year in the last 5 years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads